Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Life Story(Kinda)] Aliens
[Life Story(Kinda)] Aliens
So when I was younger I had some pretty interesting ideas, and I wasn't planning on sharing them cause they're a bit nutty, but what the hell.

I didn't even intend to question religion when I was young, like not in the sense here where it's like I had an opinion on the subject, or wanted to disprove arguments.

However, I don't know where I got these views. Essentially around maybe 4-8 years old[hard be specific] I would often feel that Religion was bullshit, I mean I was forced to go to sunday school[It's not like I opposed going], I lived and grew up christian, never met anyone who wasn't religious.

However for some reason I just had a distrust for anything people told me. Not only did I believe religion was false, but I somehow in the back of my mind thought that all the adults were conspiring to get me to believe this. Furthermore, I always for the longest time, not that I shaped my life around it, but for the longest time imagined that when I died I would wake up only to discover that I was an Alien from another planet dreaming the entire time. I don't know if this conflicted, but as well I thought that every single person was a figment of my imagination and would only life their life and do things when I was going to witness, and that if I wasn't aware of what someone was doing they weren't actually doing anything or even a real person. I didn't live my life around that, but it was kind of one of those things like "Yeah that could be true".

Anyways, have any of you had any similar experiences?
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: [Life Story(Kinda)] Aliens
I didn't specifically go through a solipsistic alien phase, no... Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 10, 2015 at 3:52 am)Quantum Wrote: I didn't specifically go through a solipsistic alien phase, no... Big Grin
It was weird, if you caught on to my trouble explaining it, it's because I can't. It wasn't influenced by anything, because of anything, the only thing I can think of is maybe it was helped by movies I watched.

I wanted to make it clear, it's not like I valiantly believed this, more of just a pondering type thing?
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 10, 2015 at 3:49 am)Heat Wrote: However for some reason I just had a distrust for anything people told me. Not only did I believe religion was false, but I somehow in the back of my mind thought that all the adults were conspiring to get me to believe this. Furthermore, I always for the longest time, not that I shaped my life around it, but for the longest time imagined that when I died I would wake up only to discover that I was an Alien from another planet dreaming the entire time. I don't know if this conflicted, but as well I thought that every single person was a figment of my imagination and would only life their life and do things when I was going to witness, and that if I wasn't aware of what someone was doing they weren't actually doing anything or even a real person. I didn't live my life around that, but it was kind of one of those things like "Yeah that could be true".

I suppose its a little weird, but hey, no weirder than any messiahs walking around on water and coming back to life.

You run with what you want bro.   [Image: ThumbWink_zps3d11dcc1.png]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(December 10, 2015 at 3:59 am)Cinjin Wrote:
(December 10, 2015 at 3:49 am)Heat Wrote: However for some reason I just had a distrust for anything people told me. Not only did I believe religion was false, but I somehow in the back of my mind thought that all the adults were conspiring to get me to believe this. Furthermore, I always for the longest time, not that I shaped my life around it, but for the longest time imagined that when I died I would wake up only to discover that I was an Alien from another planet dreaming the entire time. I don't know if this conflicted, but as well I thought that every single person was a figment of my imagination and would only life their life and do things when I was going to witness, and that if I wasn't aware of what someone was doing they weren't actually doing anything or even a real person. I didn't live my life around that, but it was kind of one of those things like "Yeah that could be true".

I suppose its a little weird, but hey, no weirder than any messiahs walking around on water and coming back to life.

You run with what you want bro.   [Image: ThumbWink_zps3d11dcc1.png]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
I came across that a few weeks ago, and it's what got me reflecting.

Solipsism:
" is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledgeof anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. As a  position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist."
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

Someone arrest the OP! His matrix is glitching! He must not escape!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Heat, you're a good sort, and I enjoy reading your posts. Not for nothing, but have you considered that you might be insane?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2015 at 5:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Heat, you're a good sort, and I enjoy reading your posts.  Not for nothing, but have you considered that you might be insane?

Boru
I prefer the term mentally handicapped thank you very much.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 545394 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 854 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1165 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1171 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2269 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A story Apollo 2 415 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2972 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 783 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Phew! And another south of the boarder story. Brian37 3 559 July 19, 2018 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This Story Reminds Me of One of Murphy's Laws Minimalist 7 1352 March 10, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician