Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most logical thought ever
Let's say the colony on mars is doing great and self sustainable and well are branching out and expanding and taking in people to mars.
And the end times come on earth people on mars have nothing to be afraid of because god and the devil would be fighting over earth people
are safe on mars safe and sound without a freaking care in the world.  All in all even in space in a colony you wouldn't have to worry about god his angels and or demons
and satan. - This is just a critical thought of what if. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: The most logical thought ever
Well, that explains Michael Stipe's conclusion in that song...

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine... because I live on Mars..."
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
No, thanks.

Maybe we can talk God into having the whole end times thing on Mars, and we'll just keep Earth the way it is
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: Maybe we can talk God into having the whole end times thing on Mars, and we'll just keep Earth the way it is

But the christers would be having such a bitch fit over it. Like why god why not earth.  Again point still stands everyone on mars will be fine unless you know another
sentient race just happens to swing on by and is not so friendly. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
There was a Futurama episode about sort-of this:

A Farewell to Arms (Futurama)

Spoiler:

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(May 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: Maybe we can talk God into having the whole end times thing on Mars, and we'll just keep Earth the way it is

Well, I've talked to God about this, and he assures me that the Christians have it all wrong, and that there is nothing like the "end times" that they babble about.  Still, the end will come and all life will be extinguished on earth in less than 3 billion years.  You wouldn't be safe on Mars, either, so don't make any longterm plans for colonizing that planet.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 12, 2015 at 4:00 pm)dyresand Wrote: Let's say the colony on mars is doing great and self sustainable and well are branching out and expanding and taking in people to mars.
And the end times come on earth people on mars have nothing to be afraid of because god and the devil would be fighting over earth people
are safe on mars safe and sound without a freaking care in the world.  All in all even in space in a colony you wouldn't have to worry about god his angels and or demons

When Jesus comes back and you are on Mars, you will look like the video that Min posted.

What makes you think you can escape his mighty love by skipping over to another planet?
(May 12, 2015 at 4:19 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:

Well, I've talked to God about this, and he assures me that the Christians have it all wrong, and that there is nothing like the "end times" that they babble about.  Still, the end will come and all life will be extinguished on earth in less than 3 billion years.  You wouldn't be safe on Mars, either, so don't make any longterm plans for colonizing that planet.

I know it's only a temporary solution but the meantime, I intend to become a European...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 12, 2015 at 4:20 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(May 12, 2015 at 4:00 pm)dyresand Wrote: Let's say the colony on mars is doing great and self sustainable and well are branching out and expanding and taking in people to mars.

When Jesus comes back and you are on Mars, you will look like the video that Min posted.

What makes you think you can escape his mighty love by skipping over to another planet?

I don't want his love i really don't. god should love himself actually love himself so much it hurts him. 

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 29282 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  The most awkward conversation ever Cod 76 5243 April 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17425 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2012 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9910 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5547 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1280 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally" kmthang 118 20553 January 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 21988 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Happy thought about Jesus. BrianSoddingBoru4 36 5231 December 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: ignoramus