Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think there's more of a "deeper" reason for the GOP to hate Obama so much
Do you think there's more of a "deeper" reason for the GOP to hate Obama so much
Not really sure, but I can't remember a President who's been this disrespected before. Seems like no matter what the  president does even if it's good, the right will continue to make racist remarks or jokes about it. I have a friend on Facebook who's constantly posting stuff making fun of Obama and it's just untrue stuff.
RE: Do you think there's more of a "deeper" reason for the GOP to hate Obama so much
The thing about this, is that all of it can be reversed politically. When there is a Republican president in office, the Democrats hate on him and make up stuff and insults and draw hitler mustaches on him etc etc. It goes both ways.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Do you think there's more of a "deeper" reason for the GOP to hate Obama...
(December 22, 2015 at 3:07 am)godzilla_22 Wrote: Not really sure, but I can't remember a President who's been this disrespected before. Seems like no matter what the  president does even if it's good, the right will continue to make racist remarks or jokes about it. I have a friend on Facebook who's constantly posting stuff making fun of Obama and it's just untrue stuff.

Liberals did the same thing when G.W.Bush was president. That's one of the features of 2-party system - whoever is the president and whatever they do, about half of the Americans will hate them.

I can tell you, however, that outside US Obama is quite respected, which you couldn't say about Bush. Just about every UK comedian used to do a Bush impersonation, or jokes about his lack of intelligence - they rarely even mention Obama.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Maybe it's because

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 22, 2015 at 3:07 am)godzilla_22 Wrote: Not really sure, but I can't remember a President who's been this disrespected before. Seems like no matter what the  president does even if it's good, the right will continue to make racist remarks or jokes about it. I have a friend on Facebook who's constantly posting stuff making fun of Obama and it's just untrue stuff.

To some extent it has been the same with shrub. To some extent, since he was compared to a chimp among other things. But his political opposition wasn't nearly as obstructive as Obama's is.

Deeper reason? The right has moved even further to the right in the last decade. I highly doubt that even a guy like Bush would win the nomination of his party these days. Far too liberal for their liking.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Do you think there's more of a "deeper" reason for the GOP to hate Obama so much
The right has decided it doesn't have to respect anyone or anything and they can get away with it. This was arrived at as a matter of strategy.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 22, 2015 at 6:09 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maybe it's because

Boru

Maybe for some people. I don't really think Obama gets particularly more or less flak than Clinton did.

I guess you don't remember the "F the President" stickers that were popular back in Bush's day. Disrespect for the president is not an uncommon thing. The advent of social media and 24/7 news outlets and talking heads simply makes it much more noticeable. Another factor is that bipartisanship is dead, eliciting all kinds of vitriol from both parties. Republicans obviously target the Dems' number one man - President Obama. It'll be close to the same if a Republican is elected president.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
I don't remember any stories about democrats shutting down the government, or trying to repeal something Bush did nearly 60 times. But then neither side really respects the other nowadays, it seems. The republicans are the worse evil, but both sides are bad. I'm just glad an independant is running to try to change it around, and he's causing a snowball effect. The main reason he's not doing as well as he should is because the media is against him.

The recent democratic debate was on a Saturday night, which I've heard is a really bad night.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 22, 2015 at 6:10 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: The right has decided it doesn't have to respect anyone or anything and they can get away with it.  This was arrived at as a matter of strategy.

Yeah, it is a matter of strategy practiced by both sides that started 60 years ago by Lyndon Johnson. It's nothing new.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2047 114204 2 hours ago
Last Post: no one
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 917 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do you think about the police? FlatAssembler 169 12943 December 19, 2022 at 12:49 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 874 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9719 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2661 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 3671 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What do you think about the immigration crisis? FlatAssembler 37 4099 February 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: highdimensionman
  The problem with "Hate crimes". onlinebiker 25 1123 February 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable