Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The land of the free!
The land of the free!
People need a little time to appreciate the land of the free. I mean the real land of the free:

Mexico is badass. You really can do whatever you want there. You want to set off fireworks in the middle of the street? Nobody is going to stop you, hell, it'll probably be a good reason to throw back a little more mescal and start a party that'll last until 7 in the morning. Most American's are too big of pussies to handle real freedom. Real freedom means no such thing as a noise complaint, that you can party until 6 in the morning and then go out and pick some peyote and go on a spirit quest. You want to drive on the curb? In America that's a 200 dollar ticket, in Mexico it's just how you get around the slow person in front of you. A stop sign is more of a suggestion in Mexico. You want to fall asleep on the sidewalk in the middle of the day? Nobody is going to call you a bum, they are probably going to take you into their house to sober up and feed you tacos. The government sucks and as a result, people take care of each other.

American's are so gentrified and frankly, have become a bunch of pussies. They are taught that Mexico is a dangerous place and I think what they are really afraid of is what true freedom looks like. Viva Mexico!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: The land of the free!
I would live there but you know US says we as US citizens cannot own land in mexico. If we had that much freedom which we don't
we wouldn't even know what to do. The sad fact is people want the government to be in everything is the scary part of it. It's history
repeating itself and it's not all that pretty. Oh with the Peyote stuff only 1 native american tribe is allowed to have it. That's a bunch bull
shit considering well America technically my land and the native americans technically so yeah..... saying we can't have peyote which
is part of tradition and shove us into reservation..
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'm not sure running stop signs is the best argument for freedom.

(December 24, 2015 at 3:40 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm not sure running stop signs is the best argument for freedom.

That's because you don't know how awesome it is to drive in Mexico.
(December 24, 2015 at 2:49 am)dyresand Wrote: I would live there but you know US says we as US citizens cannot own land in mexico.

The US doesn't say you can't, the Mexican government says you can't, but it's slightly more complicated than that:

"Article 27 of the constitution prohibits non-Mexicans from directly owning land within 31 miles (50 kilometers) of the coast and 62 miles (100 kilometers) of the nation's borders."

Source: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/money/2...-property/

So you could buy land in Mexico if you are not a Mexican, as long as it's not in a restricted area, but I believe they have loosened those restrictions since that article was written.
The land of the sissies! Big Grin
(December 24, 2015 at 4:01 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 3:40 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm not sure running stop signs is the best argument for freedom.

That's because you don't know how awesome it is to drive in Mexico.

Drive in Saudi Arabia, and get back to me.

(December 24, 2015 at 4:17 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 4:01 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: That's because you don't know how awesome it is to drive in Mexico.

Drive in Saudi Arabia, and get back to me.

Driving in the US suck balls. Stuck in traffic for hours behind lines of assholes who are the only person driving an SUV that can seat 8 and has never been offroad once. Then you are sitting a stop light where you are the only one stopped thinking 'why do I let a light rule my life? I know it's safe to go, but I let my life be dictated by some light. Not in Mexico baby! You go when you know it's safe or when you feel like it! Viva Mexico!
(December 24, 2015 at 4:08 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 2:49 am)dyresand Wrote: I would live there but you know US says we as US citizens cannot own land in mexico.

The US doesn't say you can't, the Mexican government says you can't, but it's slightly more complicated than that:

"Article 27 of the constitution prohibits non-Mexicans from directly owning land within 31 miles (50 kilometers) of the coast and 62 miles (100 kilometers) of the nation's borders."

Source: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/money/2...-property/

So you could buy land in Mexico if you are not a Mexican, as long as it's not in a restricted area, but I believe they have loosened those restrictions since that article was written.

The reality on the ground is that lots of foreigners own land in Mexico. They sign 200 year leases and stuff like that. Also it's Mexico! The government isn't exactly enforcing these laws like the US government does. There are whole towns of ex-pats in Mexico.
I want to move to Mexico.
So.
Bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreaming is free,.....and evidence free... Brian37 6 995 October 2, 2017 at 4:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Any advice on buying land? Chad32 4 1211 April 23, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  A Promised Land For The Trailer Park Chosen The Magic Pudding 2 1255 June 13, 2011 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did we really land on the moon in '69? bozo 76 26982 September 6, 2009 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Violet