Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEGH is back
TEGH is back
Hey everyone! Maybe some of you still remember me. I have fond memories of this place. It's been like two years since I've last been here. Anything different here I should know about?

A lot has changed with me since I was last here. For those of you who don't know me, I was raised in a very Christian fundamentalist household in Texas and a few other states. I was homeschooled k-12. I've been an atheist for four years now and for the past two years I have lived in Boston. This year I finished a Master's in Music and started on a doctorate.

Since coming to Boston I've made a number real close friends for the first time in my life. Having been homeschooled combined with moving across the US two times while growing up I never had real friends and I missed out on developing some basic social skills. The past two years I've worked on developing those skills, getting past my social anxieties, and making some real friends and having an actual social life. Seeing a therapist regularly has been helpful. This year I finally started dating for the first time at the age of 24. Dated a few girls and the past two months I've been dating one girl. Two weeks ago I finally had sex for the first time. It was interesting.

Right now I'm visiting my older sisters in Texas for Christmas. I haven't seen them in person in about 7 years. Going through a lot of feels right now.

Anyway that's the gist of what I've been doing. Hope you have a good whatever holiday(s) you may or may not celebrate this time of year!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: TEGH is back
I remember you, sexiness. Welcome back.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Holy shit!

Welcome back! Hopefully the visit to home isn't too stressful.

Let us know how it goes.

Good to see ya though!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hello, I don't know you but I've read a few old post replies of you. welcome back Smile
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Welcome back... glad to see you!
Hi. I've seen your old posts around here. Smashing name, btw.
(December 25, 2015 at 12:31 am)Kitan Wrote: I remember you, sexiness.  Welcome back.

I thought you were Violet Lily Blossom for a second.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(December 25, 2015 at 12:53 am)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I thought you were Violet Lily Blossom for a second.

Wow, that is a thought around which I would love to wrap my mind.
~ Erin Hunter
... *rubs bald head*
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Sorry, honey, he's not the head alternate to the belly of Buddha.
~ Erin Hunter