Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien cover up
Alien cover up
This has been on my mind i mean in this day and age more people are certain of alien life out there. 
I mean why cover it up in the first place if there is other life out there it wouldn't make since  to hide it from
general populace. Is it so bad that if everyone sorta found out alien life existed sure it may drastically change religion as we
know it. But yeah what are your thoughts.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Alien cover up
Alien coverup = Conspiracy theory

There are no coverups, rather it is scientists and astronomers being careful in examining and verifying things before speculating,

Yes we expect there to be other life in the universe, though actually encountering intelligent life or creatures like which hollywood portrays the aliens to be, are pretty slim.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

There is a huge difference between extra-terrestrial life and extra-terrestrial life that comes to our shitty little planet to stick probes up the asses of rednecks.
I'm fairly certain there is no cover-up.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
If there were extra terrestrials visiting earth today, it would be impossible to cover up. Everyone is walking around with a 5 mp camera in their pocket. There are no aliens, not here.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 26, 2015 at 12:30 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Alien coverup = Conspiracy theory

There are no coverups, rather it is scientists and astronomers being careful in examining and verifying things before speculating,

Yes we expect there to be other life in the universe, though actually encountering intelligent life or creatures like which hollywood portrays the aliens to be, are pretty slim.

[Image: probe.gif]
People like to think of themselves as special. If you are privy to a secret that no one else knows, that makes you special. Believing in aliens is just a hobby that makes people feel good about themselves.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 26, 2015 at 1:28 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: If there were extra terrestrials visiting earth today, it would be impossible to cover up. Everyone is walking around with a 5 mp camera in their pocket. There are no aliens, not here.

How do you know aliens won't have effective means of camouflage or disguise?  Or ability to perform observation or manipulation from a distance outside of our effective surveillance?   Or for that matter tap into our systems to render those data we do gathering about them useless?

I think we have no evidence of alien visitation.  Without direct evidence of how many aliens capable of visitation there actually are, how they behave and what capabilities they actually have, we are in no position to assert whether that lack of evidence ought to be expected from well known principles, or if it requires an separate circumstantial explanation.

But we can not preclude the possibility that we are being visited by aliens who are effective to keeping their visit hidden.
The chance that there is intelligent life on other planets is a dead cert. I'm equally certain that humanity will never see one of these ETs, will never recover one of their artifacts, and will never exchange information with them.

Additionally, the idea that 'aliens walk among us' is so impossibly far-fetched as to rank as a childhood fantasy.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What the hell do think Trump's been going on about?!?!?!?!

Oh, those aliens. More than likely exist, don't give a shit about us. If they do give a shit, we're fucked.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 5794 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Another famous alien hoax admitted ignoramus 13 2212 September 27, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Man That Killed 2 Alien Greys (Phil Schneider) scoobysnack 139 36892 June 9, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Mathematics An Alien Language? Mudhammam 28 7972 March 16, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions) Mudhammam 44 10818 May 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Mystical