Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the Dark Side Luke
Pastor comes out as an atheist live on MSNBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzboEHnpaww
RE: Welcome to the Dark Side Luke
Well, it's hard to chalk this up to these folks simply not knowing the Bible, especially with many of the members of the Clergy Project likely having a Master of Divinity degree.

I suppose their detractors attribute the change to those clergy member never really believing in the first place. Or the old standby of just wantin' to sin. 

Why don't people don't tend to outright blame the Devil like they used to? I really miss that.
I seem to remember that there's a group like Alcoholics Anonymous for pastors having lost their belief. Quite understandiibly so, since being a pastor can be the only source of income. The one in the OP is certainly not the only one.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 3, 2016 at 8:35 pm)abaris Wrote: I seem to remember that there's a group like Alcoholics Anonymous for pastors having lost their belief. 

What do they do? Tell them to lay off the science?
(January 3, 2016 at 8:57 pm)Napoléon Wrote: What do they do? Tell them to lay off the science?

They offer support. Not the religious but the secular kind. Try to to discuss how to deal with the situation. To come out or not to come out.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Are you thinking of the Clergy Project?

They are absolutely awesome from what I've heard.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
We need this sort of project for Imams. I remember there was this London Imam who said that he agrees with evolution and he received death threats. Allah can't defend itself (because Allah is a weak deity) so believers have to resort to threats and violence.

That's an excellent idea. Maybe such a thing exists, I don't know. I feel terribly sorry for any Muslim who wants to "get out" but can't for practical reasons.

It does seem Allah is even weaker than Yahweh. The more you have to protect something, the more vulnerable you are making it out to be.

Allah must be made of glass. Special glass that shatters if you even look at it or say the name of its brand.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 3, 2016 at 8:30 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Well, it's hard to chalk this up to these folks simply not knowing the Bible, especially with many of the members of the Clergy Project likely having a Master of Divinity degree.

I suppose their detractors attribute the change to those clergy member never really believing in the first place. Or the old standby of just wantin' to sin. 

Why don't people don't tend to outright blame the Devil like they used to? I really miss that.

Maybe he had a nice long discussion with Fr Dougal McGuire.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 3, 2016 at 12:55 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Pastor comes out as an atheist live on MSNBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzboEHnpaww

The guy is an idiot.  He shows that he has zero understanding of his favorite ethnocentric Middle Eastern Jewish religious fairy tale.  I wish him well as he explores new opportunities but right now he's not showing anything to indicate that he has what it takes to make it doing a real job.  Maybe he can write some books.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt and Luke: Ships Passing in the Night YahwehIsTheWay 15 1659 December 1, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Cod
  Dark matter kicks ass again. Please watch. ignoramus 3 923 June 4, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  You're welcome. Mystic 26 4425 March 1, 2017 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  yes, welcome me back you idiots JBrentonK 92 8230 November 5, 2016 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Welcome, Blasphemers! God of Mr. Hanky 31 4288 February 21, 2016 at 1:34 am
Last Post: J a c k
  possible origins of islam (higher criticism scholars/ history nuts welcome) Psychonaut 18 5477 August 6, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do You Think The Christian Dark Ages Could Have Been Avoided? Xavier 2 1039 March 27, 2012 at 8:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Wink "You're Welcome At Our Church" DunnoAnymore 13 4748 July 7, 2009 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: AngelaRachnid