Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront
Wondering who else plays this and what people think of it.

My (short) ramble of a review below:

RE: Star Wars Battlefront
I play Battlefront, I like the game, my only complaint about the game is the single player mode is incredibly boring, the original battlefront for xbox was a lot more fun (single player).
I definitely don't think it deserves all the hate it got from the critics, but I do feel like I have a little bit of buyer's remorse after dropping $60 on it. With only four levels for each mode, the levels have started to feel stale, but the amount of different modes have helped with that somewhat. My biggest problem has been with the shooting mechanics and the decision to completely neuter the ADS. I hate how I'm better off just firing from the hip unless the guy I'm shooting at is halfway across the map. Even crouching doesn't add anything to your accuracy. It just starts to feel shallow after awhile, and I've grown bored of it fairly quickly.

Plus, I've been experiencing a decent amount of lag on certain servers, which is super frustrating when there are dedicated servers.

But yeah, it's an absolutely gorgeous game. It's definitely the best looking game I've played on the PS4, and I'm guessing it's just jaw-dropping in 4K. Overall, it's been a fairly fun experience, but for $60, I just wish I hadn't grown tired of it so quickly.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 3, 2016 at 7:44 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: I play Battlefront, I like the game, my only complaint about the game is the single player mode is incredibly boring, the original battlefront for xbox was a lot more fun (single player).

I'll give you that but I'd say the same for most every shooter out there today. I never buy a shooter for the single player anymore and I think it's naive to expect it to be anything more than an afterthought from the devs.  

I think the originals had better single player because at the time online play wasn't as prevalent or as much the focus, hence they piled in all these extra maps, characters, classes etc. because in many ways they had to. 

Before I played the game I was constantly comparing, imagining how shit the new one must be because it's missing so much. But when I look at it, I think they offer an equal amount. The new Battlefront just offers it in more subtle ways than what the old ones did.
I refuse to give EA my money. Except for my SWTOR subscription, but SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT TEH BOSS OF ME.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(January 3, 2016 at 7:47 pm)Faith No More Wrote: My biggest problem has been with the shooting mechanics and the decision to completely neuter the ADS.  I hate how I'm better off just firing from the hip unless the guy I'm shooting at is halfway across the map.  Even crouching doesn't add anything to your accuracy. It just starts to feel shallow after awhile, and I've grown bored of it fairly quickly.

I'm wondering, do you hold the shoot button down or do you pepper it?

I've found that if you just hold the button down then while using ADS you may as well just be hip-firing. But if you reign in the shots and do 2/3 at a time, in bursts, you can be deadly accurate through ADS.

I'm even wondering if this is why so many players on it seem to be shit. Often I can mow down 4 or 5 guys while they're all blasting at me, I have to wonder if they're all just hip-firing like noobs.
(January 3, 2016 at 7:53 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I'm wondering, do you hold the shoot button down or do you pepper it?

I've found that if you just hold the button down then while using ADS you may as well just be hip-firing. But if you reign in the shots and do 2/3 at a time, in bursts, you can be deadly accurate through ADS.

I'm even wondering if this is why so many players on it seem to be shit. Often I can mow down 4 or 5 guys while they're all blasting at me, I have to wonder if they're all just hip-firing like noobs.

Yeah, if you don't pepper it while ADS, you're going to have a bad time. I hold it down for hip-fire, though. It still feels shallow to me.

It's been my experience that about half the people are decent and half the people can't hit the broad side of a barn. It really sucks when you get all of the terrible people on your own team, because it doesn't adjust the teams between matches.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 3, 2016 at 8:06 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Yeah, if you don't pepper it while ADS, you're going to have a bad time.  I hold it down for hip-fire, though.  It still feels shallow to me.

It's been my experience that about half the people are decent and half the people can't hit the broad side of a barn.  It really sucks when you get all of the terrible people on your own team, because it doesn't adjust the teams between matches.

That's another thing I've noticed actually, team balancing can be pretty hit and miss.

Quite often I've been in games where it's 6 vs 1. Or 12 vs 3. One team basically backs out because they're getting raped but then the players never get replaced for whatever reason.
I was thinking of getting it but wanted to see what my friends think of it first; so far they say it seems to be quite decent but pretty much similar to what you've said. I'd probably wait until the price drops though, doesn't look worth the money.
(January 3, 2016 at 7:31 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Wondering who else plays this and what people think of it.

My (short) ramble of a review below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Great graphics but in the end it's shit. It's casual to the core shit. 
Unbalanced heroes, leveling is like walking through the mud. No space battles 
extreme lack of content on the base game  get it  when it's cheap.
Finally no offline option it's not worth sixty damn dollars.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars: The Old Republic Napoléon 13 2393 September 2, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Star Citizen dyresand 30 6863 May 26, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Star Trek Online Vox Populi 10 1594 May 1, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Anyone here play Star Trek Online Fidel_Castronaut 9 2533 March 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Consoles Wars are stupid Collegetalktv 10 1995 January 3, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Guild Wars 2 Kayenneh 15 4315 October 11, 2012 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Star Wars: The Old Republic Light of Truth 0 970 December 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Light of Truth