Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conceptual movie idea
Conceptual movie idea
I know this never will be a movie, that's why i'm posting it here. It's much too touchy, and controversial, it would end up missing something, upsetting a group of people, or just flat out feel condescending toward someone, if ever made.

However, here's my movie idea/concept;

What if a theist when he dies, he finds himself arrive at the pearly gates. He is then placed in a room, with about fifty other theists, from all different religions, sects, etc. no atheists, because it wouldn't work in this case, just theists. Let's just assume as well it is basically just a room as we would picture in earth, and they all retain their physical forms. Now, they are very confused as to what they are all doing here, until they hear a voice, finally god speaks to them, however this is what god says;

"I have put you in here, you are free of physical limitations, you have endless time, no need to worry about food, water, sleep, nothing of the sort. However, take notice to the fact that you are all from different religions, and I have not told you what religion I actually conveyed my message through yet. Here's your task. You are to discuss among yourselves what the truth actually is, I will not reveal myself, and may not ever reveal myself. You are to debate your ideas, which are all you have to rely on, and regardless of what religion and doctrine you currently believe/used to believe as the true pathway to god, you are to come to a group consensus on which religion is actually the truth, and you are only allowed to give one answer. I'll give you a hint, the truth lies within a single religion, so decide which one. If the answer is wrong, you will be punished by whatever standards of punishment the religion you finally choose, describes."

So they follow this order, and discuss, and i'll leave it at that.

What do you think?
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Conceptual movie idea
Are they allowed to punch fuck out of each other?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 4, 2016 at 3:34 am)ignoramus Wrote: Are they allowed to punch fuck out of each other?
It would be like screaming really loud and expecting a deaf person to get mad at you for it. How you expect a dead person to get hurt, and if you hurt them bad enough what's gonna happen, will they be dead twice? Big Grin

In short, yes.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
I like the idea for a book. Not sure it'd make a great movie.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
In other words, they must all agree without duress as to which is the true religion.
That's a big ask for people who have invested their whole life to just change their beliefs.
Not sure it's even possible.

How can one theist convince another of their skydaddy without evidence.
(I think I just opened up a big slimy can of worms!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 4, 2016 at 3:50 am)ignoramus Wrote: In other words, they must all agree without duress as to which is the true religion.
That's a big ask for people who have invested their whole life to just change their beliefs.
Not sure it's even possible.

How can one theist convince another of their skydaddy without evidence.
(I think I just opened up a big slimy can of worms!)
That's the point, it's hard.

However, if there was infinite time, and no limitations, you can definitely arrive at a conclusion. You would have time to thoroughly analyze and say "This is wrong based on ___", and the theist in question would be more likely to drop what they "Want to be true", considering they were instructed and required to follow the evidence in order to arrive as a group at a conclusion.

By the way, if they already are alive after death, they will have evidence, one being that god exists, and two that god told them that one religion is correct, so they know there is an answer.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

(January 4, 2016 at 2:55 am)Heat Wrote: I know this never will be a movie, that's why i'm posting it here. It's much too touchy, and controversial, it would end up missing something, upsetting a group of people, or just flat out feel condescending toward someone, if ever made.

What if a theist when he dies, he finds himself arrive at the pearly gates. He is then placed in a room, with about fifty other theists, from all different religions, sects, etc. no atheists, because it wouldn't work in this case, just theists. Let's just assume as well it is basically just a room as we would picture in earth, and they all retain their physical forms. Now, they are very confused as to what they are all doing here, until they hear a voice, finally god speaks to them, however this is what god says;

"I have put you in here, you are free of physical limitations, you have endless time, no need to worry about food, water, sleep, nothing of the sort. However, take notice to the fact that you are all from different religions, and I have not told you what religion I actually conveyed my message through yet. Here's your task. You are to discuss among yourselves what the truth actually is, I will not reveal myself, and may not ever reveal myself. You are to debate your ideas, which are all you have to rely on, and regardless of what religion and doctrine you currently believe/used to believe as the true pathway to god, you are to come to a group consensus on which religion is actually the truth, and you are only allowed to give one answer. I'll give you a hint, the truth lies within a single religion, so decide which one. If the answer is wrong, you will be punished by whatever standards of punishment the religion you finally choose, describes."

What do you think?
You gave the answer away when you wrote "pearly gates".  The only religion that has pearly gates as part of its fairy tale is Christianity from Revelation 21:21.
(January 4, 2016 at 3:43 am)Losty Wrote: I like the idea for a book. Not sure it'd make a great movie.
I don't think it would even work for a book. Unless it made clear that it wasn't going to be an accurate analysis and conclusion of what religion is true, it would end up turning in to a biased analysis at its core. 

The book would most likely get terrible ratings, because unlike other controversial books, this one would most likely not offend one religion, but all religions. You could keep it more light-hearted and focus on not making it insulting, however in my opinion if I wanted to make this book good, it would have to include a lot of extreme views and backlashing by different people in order to be engaging.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

(January 4, 2016 at 4:10 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(January 4, 2016 at 2:55 am)Heat Wrote: I know this never will be a movie, that's why i'm posting it here. It's much too touchy, and controversial, it would end up missing something, upsetting a group of people, or just flat out feel condescending toward someone, if ever made.

What do you think?
You gave the answer away when you wrote "pearly gates".  The only religion that has pearly gates as part of its fairy tale is Christianity from Revelation 21:21.
Tongue
Relax. It was simply a metaphor for some sort of afterlife in which the person was denied entrance in to actually being a part of said afterlife. This isn't some cat and mouse game, where i already know the answer. It's just a concept.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

I think it could work as a movie as long as the dialogue is real strong. Ever see that one movie with Samuel L. Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones? They're hold up in a room together and that's the whole movie. They have discussions about life and death and it manages to hold your attention the entire time.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5426 475173 April 17, 2024 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3699 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 769 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 564 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 453 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 466 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1592 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 947 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 454 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2239 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92