Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump the Nominee?
Trump the Nominee?
I am no fan of Mr. Trump. I think he is a bellicose, unscrupulous bigot who will be bad for the country.

That being said, I believe he will be the republican nominee, and possibly even the president.

Which republican can beat him? Jeb,Kasich and Christie are all toast, or at least polling in the single digits. The best shot of a "normal" republican beating him would be Marco Rubio, but he is dogged by a generally poor campaign and only 10% support.

I suppose Cruz could, but he is too unlikeable IMO.

I have the same feeling about Trump that I did about Obama during the 2008 race. That even though he faces (faced) stiff competition, he will probably be president.

Does anyone else find it remarkable that in spite of his outrageous and offensive comments ( on Mexicans, John Mccain, Megyn Kelly, the disabled etc. etc.) he is the leading republican nominee? It's wildly naive and kind of sad that Jeb! and the republican establishment thought the base would be turned off by his offensive bigotry Undecided .

I think he learned some real skills by doing the apprentice and other show biz gigs. He learend how to appeal to and connect with the "common man" or at least the people who like him so much.

It cannot be underestimated how popular he is. I know noone personally who thinks he's a good candidate or would vote for him, but I don't live in a "blue collar" sort of town. He really has the support of the  white, nascar loving/working class/ Sarah Palin crowd.

Heck, Im from Minnesota, and we had sort of a Donald Trump as governor for a time: Jesse Ventura. Everyone thought he was an unserious, offensive clown who could never win, but lo and behold he did Smile !

Also, as an aside, does anyone think that it is odd Trump gets so much evangelical support, what with his support for gambling, and the painted harlots of Miss Universe Huh ?
RE: Trump the Nominee?
I do not pay attention to politics for a reason, but if Trump is elected it will only be because people have finally lost their fucking minds in this country.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm as shocked as everyone else. I really can't believe it and still think that somehow he won't, despite his super commanding polling lead. The lead that he got despite spending hardly anything, he hasn't even unleashed his campaign war chest. I really am at a loss. I think he's a conspiracy dipshit for his Obama birther stuff that he did 4 years ago. Of course some people have come up with some crazy conspiracies about Trump too, which even get repeated on here as though they are truth.

One positive: the fact that Trump is winning shows that Evengelical Christians are losing all their power. Despite what you said, he under performs with them compared to Ted Cruz. Apparently though it just doesn't matter.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(January 4, 2016 at 6:08 pm)Kitan Wrote: I do not pay attention to politics for a reason, but if Trump is elected it will only be because people have finally lost their fucking minds in this country.

The whole fucking world lost its mind... pretty much thousands of years ago.
I think it has to do with him being a celebrity and how small minded people in this country are a sucker for what celebrities have to say. It is basically Schwarzenegger all over again.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Trump is such a fucking idiot.

/thread
Quote:I really can't believe it and still think that somehow he won't, despite his super commanding polling lead.

Name recognition and it is the GOP where you have the dumbest of the dumb ( "low-information voters" ) making up the electorate.
POE FTW.

That's a lot of threads you've made recently Mr. Poe. How many more? Rough estimate will suffice.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
[Image: butt-lawn-gnome-a.jpg]
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
He has a high floor, but a low ceiling, doesn't command a majority of Repubs, much less the general population.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1060 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36908 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Who do you want to be the Democratic nominee in 2020? CapnAwesome 71 4060 September 14, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3158 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4124 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1682 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Supreme Court Nominee: Merrick Garland TheRealJoeFish 51 5950 March 29, 2016 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32