Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Question for the Christians
Hypothetical Question for the Christians
Atheists can answer too (just replace right with wrong)

You die, and find out that you were right.  Only judgment day is nothing like you imagined.  Instead of God judging your past deeds, it's up to you to judge which one is god, and which one is Satan.

Claimant Number 1 makes all the claims the bible makes.  That he is a vengeful, wrathful god who performed many of the terrifying acts in the bible including the flood, killing tens of thousands after David took the census, but that he is also responsible for the good things, and that he created the world.  He makes a claim for all the terrible things he did, and says that he did them because of Sin.  He says that homosexuality is an abomination, that working on Sunday is worthy of being stoned, and that only Christians deserve to go to heaven.  He says the other claimant is the devil, trying to sway you with a message of 'love' when there is no love in his heart.  He says that he created the earth in a literal six days, as described in Genesis. 

Claimant number 2 on the other hand claims to be a more deistic god, who says that he loves all people, but that bad people (rapists, murderers, thieves, liars) must atone for their sins.  He says that he never committed any of the acts attributed to him, and that the other claimant is the devil, trying to sway you by feeding you lies on earth so that you would choose him in the end.  He says that he created the world over millions of years, and talks about evolution.    He says that bad things happen to good people because he does not interfere with his creation so that they may choose their own paths, and that his wrath is reserved for those who commit unspeakable acts and that others are not beyond redemption.

Do you follow Claimant Number 1 because he's obviously the god your bible describes?  Do you even consider the possibility that Claimant Number 1 is the devil?  Do you even think about it for more than a second?  I mean the second is obviously the devil, right?  And the first is obviously god?

I'm sure most won't answer because some theists just seem to be unable to answer hypothetical questions without throwing in some stuff that has nothing to do with the question at all.  But I figured I'd throw it out there because I'm interested in the answers of some.
RE: Hypothetical Question for the Christians
Viking gods at least Valhalla would kick ass.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
The one with the horns is my boyfriend, I'm going with that one
Tell them I'll need to see a cage fight before I can decide. if I see a glowing fist, then I'll know.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 16, 2016 at 1:44 am)Cecelia Wrote: Atheists can answer too (just replace right with wrong)

You die, and find out that you were right.  Only judgment day is nothing like you imagined.  Instead of God judging your past deeds, it's up to you to judge which one is god, and which one is Satan.

Claimant Number 1 makes all the claims the bible makes.  That he is a vengeful, wrathful god who performed many of the terrifying acts in the bible including the flood, killing tens of thousands after David took the census, but that he is also responsible for the good things, and that he created the world.  He makes a claim for all the terrible things he did, and says that he did them because of Sin.  He says that homosexuality is an abomination, that working on Sunday is worthy of being stoned, and that only Christians deserve to go to heaven.  He says the other claimant is the devil, trying to sway you with a message of 'love' when there is no love in his heart.  He says that he created the earth in a literal six days, as described in Genesis. 

Claimant number 2 on the other hand claims to be a more deistic god, who says that he loves all people, but that bad people (rapists, murderers, thieves, liars) must atone for their sins.  He says that he never committed any of the acts attributed to him, and that the other claimant is the devil, trying to sway you by feeding you lies on earth so that you would choose him in the end.  He says that he created the world over millions of years, and talks about evolution.    He says that bad things happen to good people because he does not interfere with his creation so that they may choose their own paths, and that his wrath is reserved for those who commit unspeakable acts and that others are not beyond redemption.

Do you follow Claimant Number 1 because he's obviously the god your bible describes?  Do you even consider the possibility that Claimant Number 1 is the devil?  Do you even think about it for more than a second?  I mean the second is obviously the devil, right?  And the first is obviously god?

I'm sure most won't answer because some theists just seem to be unable to answer hypothetical questions without throwing in some stuff that has nothing to do with the question at all.  But I figured I'd throw it out there because I'm interested in the answers of some.

Well, to be honest neither is a biblical representation although both have attributes.

The thing with the bible version of God you have is OT only. He does not reflect the grace provided by Christ. If this were the case then he would not want to talk with the gentiles of which I am one. that said, the first one would be out of bounds for everyone besides the devoute Jews.

However if He up held the bible and all that it says, including the 'bits of grace' (we'll call that the New testament.) I'd be able to choose Him.

The second one is all grace and no wrath which is not consistent with scripture and by default that is the devil in disguise.

I would often wonder the same thing. My 'what if' was a little different in that: What if the description of Heaven and Hell were somehow reversed, and Hell was what we would consider to be 'paradise' (but no God) and Heaven was a lake of fire. But the God of the bible lived their. would you then still want to go to heaven/lake of fire to be with God?

I came to the conclusion that heaven and hell were not a 'place' and that despite our surroundings our happiness/contentment is not provided by 'things', but by our proximity to God in eternity.

So bottom line, I would 'choose' based on the deity best representing what my heart wanted to be God, because despite whether or not you 'chose right' if that is not the god you want to worship you will be in Hell.
(January 18, 2016 at 12:45 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 16, 2016 at 1:44 am)Cecelia Wrote: Atheists can answer too (just replace right with wrong)

Well, to be honest neither is a biblical representation although both have attributes.

The thing with the bible version of God you have is OT only. He does not reflect the grace provided by Christ. If this were the case then he would not want to talk with the gentiles of which I am one. that said, the first one would be out of bounds for everyone besides the devoute Jews.

However if He up held the bible and all that it says, including the 'bits of grace' (we'll call that the New testament.) I'd be able to choose Him.

The second one is all grace and no wrath which is not consistent with scripture and by default that is the devil in disguise.

I would often wonder the same thing. My 'what if' was a little different in that: What if the description of Heaven and Hell were somehow reversed, and Hell was what we would consider to be 'paradise' (but no God) and Heaven was a lake of fire. But the God of the bible lived their. would you then still want to go to heaven/lake of fire to be with God?

I came to the conclusion that heaven and hell were not a 'place' and that despite our surroundings our happiness/contentment is not provided by 'things', but by our proximity to God in eternity.

So bottom line, I would 'choose' based on the deity best representing what my heart wanted to be God, because despite whether or not you 'chose right' if that is not the god you want to worship you will be in Hell.

It wouldn't  matter i mean to put it this way if you are wrong or anyone is wrong we would be going to hell in so many different religions it doesn't matter.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Quote:The thing with the bible version of God you have is OT only. He does not reflect the grace provided by Christ.

Probably a good time to remind you that you clowns insist they are one in the same.

That fucking trinity trips you up all the time, doesn't it?
(January 18, 2016 at 3:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The thing with the bible version of God you have is OT only. He does not reflect the grace provided by Christ.

Probably a good time to remind you that you clowns insist they are one in the same.

That fucking trinity trips you up all the time, doesn't it?

Youre like a gold fish...

Youre like a gold fish....

Youre like a gold fish....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7807 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3340 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7016 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6342 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2765 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4934 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8722 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31237 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Question to Christians Shining_Finger 29 6746 November 6, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians i have a question dyresand 36 6850 October 26, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist