Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens)
Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens)
Just wondering how our resident Christians would respond.

The hypothetical is: Peaceful aliens (i.e. intelligent non-humans from another planet, let's say outside of our solar system) make first contact. After getting to know them, the subject of religion comes up. They have a concept of religion, but none of their religions are compatible with Christianity. On top of this, their species made all the advancements that humans did (e.g. invention of writing, the wheel, agriculture, etc.) millennia before we did.

My question is, how would you react, especially with regard to their intelligence, and that their religions are incompatible with Christianity. Would it make you doubt Christianity, or that humans are "special" and made in God's image?
RE: Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens)
Although not Christian:

1. I believe there is infinite universes with life created by God let alone other planets with life
2. I believe all of them would have Messengers and Prophets and Guides and holy books.
3. I believe there is always two type of creations that are created in the image of God and have instances of the holy spirit in all universes:

Weak vulnerable beings that can be hurt, die, and suffer.
Strong invisible beings that occupy a higher realm and can communicate telepathy wise and have powers.

That realm is connected to us and we are part of it, but it's hidden from us.

Some of the weak vulnerable beings realize they have powers as well and they can borrow powers from these beings and the trial then is would they rely on them for guidance or rely on God.

The problem is the powerful beings look at us and think they are more fit for delegation. When Angels all prostrated save Iblis, that was a huge trial, in that, they decided to be a humble and accept God's command, and not disbelieve.

Iblis disbelieved and even deceived to rebel against the exalted ones a party of the Angels.

The thing is the problem is always delegation. While it's not a problem for a the outward forming type creature to take on representation of God, in fact, it's a problem if Angels are delegated this task.

Angels in the unseen take on various forms, and in the outward, they take on same form as a human. To know which represents the light of God in the unseen takes a guided heart that sees in the first place. Humans can take forms in unseen as well, and they have different forms like Angels there, but the representative of God can guide in the unseen.

But if we are confused or not connected to the higher realms like most humans, can we trust our vision and judgement of who is a reliable or not reliable Angel and who is an Angel and who is a Jinn who thinks they are an Angel but are misguided?

Can we tell if it's a deceiving Jinn?

This is new easy thing to decipher.

We may than if disconnected either feel the need to get connected to the spiritual world and open a 3rd eye when not ready.

The question is who teaches us the discipline to control that and control magical eye and power properly?

We may need human "teachers", but then we have a problem.... who do we trust as human leaders... if Angels are the ones trust for leadership... and we need to see them in the inward and be able to decipher... the problem is delegation.

So delegation is wiser that it takes on the form of a the form of the clay like creatures who have to form themselves and develop themselves to gain power and rely on God and his water to mold properly.

If we rely on unknown hidden beings or who claim to represent them, we get into much problems.

So it makes sense leadership and representing God take on the form of the sentient vulnerable creatures.

That hidden beings can witness them in the unseen and see their powers there and superiority if they are honest to themselves.

While we can make use of their words, and they can speak to us about God's book directly, and relate God's message to us, and present proofs of their nature through miracles and God can prove them through miracles and his superior way of speaking.....

This way, no human who is weak has to rely on other then God and his chosen guidance, and delegation to humans as rulers and representatives, that is he chooses from them, makes sense.

The Angel Messengers who relate the message are part of God's plan, but the position of leadership and representing God's authority and God's command, is for humans.

So in the worlds, it is always designed that way, those who take on physical form are going to have the best created in them, to represent God and his guidance, otherwise, we get into delegation problems.

Unfortunately, most Jinn still think they are the boss of us.
(May 28, 2018 at 5:32 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Just wondering how our resident Christians would respond.

The hypothetical is: Peaceful aliens (i.e. intelligent non-humans from another planet, let's say outside of our solar system) make first contact. After getting to know them, the subject of religion comes up. They have a concept of religion, but none of their religions are compatible with Christianity. On top of this, their species made all the advancements that humans did (e.g. invention of writing, the wheel, agriculture, etc.) millennia before we did.

My question is, how would you react, especially with regard to their intelligence, and that their religions are incompatible with Christianity. Would it make you doubt Christianity, or that humans are "special" and made in God's image?

It would certainly be unsettling. If there is other intelligent life out there I would have expected for God to have reached out to them as well. Not necessarily in the same way He reached out to us, but nonetheless. The fact that He didn't would give me pause for sure. I don't think humans would be more special than these other intelligent beings, assuming they have moral free will and the ability to rationalize and to love like we do. In which case it seems they'd be no different from us, in God's eyes. 

I guess in short my official reaction would be that I would wonder about it and try to think of possible reasons why they wouldn't know about God. Whether that be because God doesn't exist, or for whatever other reason. Though I would find it interesting that they too would have a concept of religion.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
It would definitely prove religion false if other sentient life forms had no religion ever but I wouldn't take their word on it. Tongue
What if the aliens communicated by tap dancing and farting?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Tibs, I would be interested in hearing your answer on this as well: https://atheistforums.org/thread-55161.html
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 28, 2018 at 5:32 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Just wondering how our resident Christians would respond.

The aliens would be called soulless demons.
(May 28, 2018 at 7:23 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Tibs, I would be interested in hearing your answer on this as well: https://atheistforums.org/thread-55161.html

Answered!
I think about this often; I don't have a good answer.
<insert profound quote here>
Honestly that is what I think we are being groomed here for now. To play a role in another planet's or another people's spiritual evolution.

That said I asked a similar question a few years ago to help people see God in a different light meaning rather than spirituality and mysticism to view God through our current language and through 'scientific categorization.'

I point out firstly that God Jesus The Holy SPirit all of Heaven and everything who dwells in it, can be considered to be alien or more specifically a trans dimensional being. Before the Alien reboot/prometheus I asked something similar to what you asked in that what if a race of aliens could show documentation/video or through some technology/holodeck bring you to the point of creation to show you that they were the ones who seeded this universe that moses and the prophets was their guy, that Jesus was their guy, but for the most part our bibles were wrong.

Here are these people with holodeck proof that our bibles were wrong. Who do we believe a christians?

Then I point out the role of the Anti-Christ. It would be his job to sow such doubt all over the world and poison the minds of the people to such a degree that no one else could/would be saved. At which point God decides the cup of man's iniquity has overfilled.. Meaning if there are no ore savable people the purpose of this life and this world is over, so begins it's end.

I know my version of the story is a little different than yours but the net result would be the same. The Anti-Christ (anti=Not Christos= the savior) but stands in his place In my story as the real jesus that our bibles messed up or in your story as the 'scientific proof that our religion who has God creator of the universe does not mention these aliens. which again serves as the anti Christ plays the same role. that is to end salvation and trigger the end.

Once the end is triggered and judgement is passed I think we spend 1000 years living and learning under God there is one more great temptation by satan to push the fence sitters one way or the other, then i think we are assigned jobs. Those jobs will include bringing the good news (as prophets) to 'your alien races.'
Again tht is what I think.

The bible does not say God is an alien I took the definition and applied it to God. The bible does not say the antichrist is an alien I simply said if one came up and tried to separate us from God to "take away salvation from the world. He would by definition be playing the role of the Anti-Christos. The bible does say once the anti Christ does this and the last soud who is to be save has been saved this will trigger the beginning of the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

Once the judgement is complete we are told there will be 1000 years of peace and we will live with God during that time. then after that 1000 years satan will be released from hell to further test/cull those who really don't want to serve God. once those are gone then we will be indeed be given jobs. I speculate that those infinite jobs have something to do with the infinite number of stars we have in our skies.

...And if in your world there are aliens who do not know God.. then why would we not be sent out to the to show them who god is?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7803 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7012 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6165 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6338 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2765 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4932 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8563 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31227 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1580 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Question to Christians Shining_Finger 29 6745 November 6, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd