Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A single question for Christians
A single question for Christians
Are you a member of any Christian forums where you discuss us atheists from this forum?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: A single question for Christians
No. Atheists are such a diverse bunch that it makes a discussion about them highly subjective. Discussing their arguments, however, is often discussed.
(September 30, 2017 at 1:31 am)beepete Wrote: No. Atheists are such a diverse bunch that it makes a discussion about them highly subjective. Discussing their arguments, however, is often discussed.

You discuss discussion of their arguments?
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
Not currently active on any no. But I have been in the past. And I can tell you as far as the ones i was in, they don't talk about atheists nearly as much there as theists are talked about here lol. Like, not even close.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
My guess is that atheists/atheist arguments are not discussed nearly as much as who or what makes them a good or bad theist. 

So christians, have you come to a conclusion? Who is good, who is bad (or at least not as good) and who is the best?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 30, 2017 at 9:17 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 1:31 am)beepete Wrote: No. Atheists are such a diverse bunch that it makes a discussion about them highly subjective. Discussing their arguments, however, is often discussed.

You discuss discussion of their arguments?

I think we should discuss the discussions of our discussions, then beepete could go back and discuss our discussion of the discussions of discussions.

This could go on and on.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 30, 2017 at 9:58 am)mh.brewer Wrote: My guess is that atheists/atheist arguments are not discussed nearly as much as who or what makes them a good or bad theist. 

So christians, have you come to a conclusion? Who is good, who is bad (or at least not as good) and who is the best?

I think it generally boils down to:

Us= good
Them = bad
(September 30, 2017 at 9:36 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Not currently active on any no. But I have been in the past. And I can tell you as far as the ones i was in, they don't talk about atheists nearly as much there as theists are talked about here lol. Like, not even close.

Catholicks have more important things to worry about, like methods of raping children and not getting caught.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
(September 29, 2017 at 2:50 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Are you a member of any Christian forums where you discuss us atheists from this forum?

I’m not on a Christian forum any more. But I used to be a part of a very good Christian forum, with a lot of very good and intelligent people.

There wasn’t really any discussion of atheist, apart from an immediate context of ones that came to us.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(September 30, 2017 at 11:27 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 9:58 am)mh.brewer Wrote: My guess is that atheists/atheist arguments are not discussed nearly as much as who or what makes them a good or bad theist. 

I think it generally boils down to:

Us= good
Them = bad

And god told that, right? What a two face!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7593 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3286 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 6929 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2748 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4880 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8437 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30534 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1566 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Question to Christians Shining_Finger 29 6698 November 6, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians i have a question dyresand 36 6746 October 26, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist