Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I had kids
If I had kids
I would encourage them to exercise their imaginations, but I would not do so in stating that Santa was real.

Rather, I would inform them that which other kids believed in was a conspiracy created by adults who should fucking know better.

Filling kids head with fake tales that have already been created does nothing for their imagination.

Kids already imagine everything is real, both when it is and when it is not.

Kids need to learn the difference between reality and mythology.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: If I had kids
If you had kids, I'd tell them that you shot Santa in the face with rocksalt.

But you wouldn't know me or my kids and even if you somehow found a way to state that to them, they would logically respond, "Santa isn't real".
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
"Not any more, kid."

If I had kids, I would never tell them about god or Santa. Instead, I would let them discover on their own that people believe in gods and Santa, and then encourage them to make their own choices about whether or not to believe based on their abilities to think critically. Then my older two children would choose not to believe in Santa, while my youngest would decide that Santa is real. My oldest daughter would believe that god was a man that lived a long time ago but then he was buried alive in a dinosaur cave, to which my son would respond "nuh-uh, god is a tiny man who lives in your heart and makes your blood pump!"....oh wait, I do have kids and this has already happened.

I figure, they're smart kids, they'll figure it own on their own in time.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I can't imagine wanting to have kids but I also can't imagine filling their heads with religion. There is no reason for which children shouldn't be able to choose their way.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
If had kids, I've hop a plane back to Northern Ireland, look up the urologist who performed my vasectomy, and punch him in the face.

Then I'd find his grandkids and tell them that Santa isn't real.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
No need to worry, religion is on it's last legs, my kids have made their own minds up on the subject.

My youngest is just coming up to 8 years old and is questioning everything and being guided by his older siblings.

Technology will have a big part to play in shaping young minds, the information available to our kids these days is slowly but surely turning people away from the mythologies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 995 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1802 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 356 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1347 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Should poor people have kids? BrokenQuill92 78 5397 November 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2080 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 541 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1231 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Something young kids today will never understand Foxaèr 114 12584 June 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Little lunch