Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five years
Five years
I just realized that I have now been atheist for about five years. I don't have an exact date, but I know it was some time after New Years on 2011 and before Lent.

And I can't honestly say that I've been atheist for five years, but rather, that was the time when I was finally able to let go of my religious beliefs without immense fear and/or guilt. I was finally ready to admit it to myself.

It's odd that in many ways, this feels like one of the most meaningful transformations in my entire life, and in some ways, it feels negligible. In a lot of ways, I am still pretty much exactly the same person I was before; I just justify my behavior and beliefs differently, now. I've become a lot more skeptical of a lot of things. I remember rethinking my stance on a lot of things six months after the fact, because I still found myself knee-jerking at things with a Christian mindset.

So, I feel both surprised that it's already been five years, and yet is also seems like it's been longer. In either case, my emotional health has been so much better since I let go, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

That is all. Big Grin
RE: Five years
We will order an extra ration of fresh baby meat for you !!

Coingrats !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Closing in on 40 years of atheism and no ones even baked me a cake.
(my favorite flavor is feotus, ofc)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 1, 2016 at 10:22 am)vorlon13 Wrote: We will order an extra ration of fresh baby meat for you !!

Coingrats !!

That's the only reason I told you guys. And you'd better not trick me and give me bread, saying "it's baby Jesus". That's bullshit, and even the Christians know it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 699 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 741 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Most memorable New Years onlinebiker 8 566 January 1, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  45 years later, at a sports bar....... Brian37 4 429 September 10, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do you imagine the world millions of years from now? Macoleco 34 3529 April 15, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  The Big Five brewer 55 5531 April 6, 2018 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Five year forum anniversary Foxaèr 23 1777 March 15, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  New Years Resolutions? paulpablo 24 1699 January 4, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  1000 years (just for fun) Catholic_Lady 43 9807 July 30, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Five things that will make you feel happier straightaway FebruaryOfReason 21 4267 April 14, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet