Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Years Resolutions?
New Years Resolutions?
I don't think I've seen a resolutions thread this year.

Saying that I have trouble thinking what mine are.

Off the top of my head here's 3.

Probably now that my daughter is talking and way more active to try and teach her 3 skills.  Maybe swimming, football and something musical.  The musical thing might be too optimistic since all she does at the moment is hit my guitar while singing in baby language.

Maintain health.  Don't go too crazy at the gym but don't avoid it.

Keep up good relations in work, it's been a good year for friends/alliances and workplace attraction this year.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: New Years Resolutions?
I'm not going to let anyone, particularly women, dictate the course of my life for me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think I'll have to stick with good old 15.6"@1366x768 and 5"@1920x1080.
2 fine resolutions from years past... Wink
To be lighter than 195 by next year. My weight loss hit a slight bump recently with extreme food cravings but I think I'll be back on track soon.
Here's an idea I've been toying with:

Inspired by this scene from The Aviator: 

I resolve to stop peeing into a toilet, using only mason jars. At year's end, or thereabouts, I will stack all those jars into a giant pyramid. Going by the standard 16-oz mason jars and the fact that the average adult male creates 135 gallons of urine per year, this would mean about 1080 jars, enough for a pyramid of 14 layers, roughly 72.8 inches high and a square 44.8-inch base, and weigh well over half a ton. Thy will be welded together, and the resulting sculpture will be sent to the White House. In addition, I will also start a Kickstarter campaign asking for money to pay the freight for such a monstrosity, the cost of welding the jars together, and, of course, more jars.

In all seriousness (since the plan is really impractical and likely to run into legal problems), I don't really do New Year's Resolutions. The simple fact that most of the time, mentions of New Years Resolutions are usually followed by remarks that nobody actually follows through on them say volumes about how meaningful they actually are.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Quitting smoking.

Set up reliable wifi in my Secret Volcano Lair.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 31, 2017 at 4:51 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Probably now that my daughter is talking and way more active to try and teach her 3 skills.  Maybe swimming, football and something musical.  The musical thing might be too optimistic since all she does at the moment is hit my guitar while singing in baby language.

Um, how old is your daughter? lol
Those are some lofty goals for a kid who sings in baby language.
For all you know, she might be thinking in her baby language "to heck with dad's New Year's resolutions for me". lol

As for me, I don't make resolutions as it seems arbitrary to wait until January 1 for self-improvement or goal attainment.

Anyway, happy new year! Smile

-Teresa
Try my hardest to still be around for Jan 1st 2019 . 

That and try and get my muscle tone back .

And if possible boost my "quality time" with the girls . From 2 times are week to three   Blush
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I never really liked the idea of New Years resolutions. They put undo pressure on a person to change, and hardly ever work out.

If you want to change something in your life, just do it. There’s no need for a special date, or demarcation, or anything else. It just takes consistency in focus and effort.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 703 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  2022 predictions/resolutions brewer 23 965 January 1, 2022 at 8:48 am
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 743 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Most memorable New Years onlinebiker 8 576 January 1, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  45 years later, at a sports bar....... Brian37 4 432 September 10, 2018 at 4:50 pm
  How do you imagine the world millions of years from now? Macoleco 34 3554 April 15, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  1000 years (just for fun) Catholic_Lady 43 9866 July 30, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  New Year's resolutions scoobysnack 30 2190 December 30, 2016 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Been here three years Foxaèr 43 6747 April 3, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Five years RobbyPants 3 916 February 1, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: RobbyPants