Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you imagine the world millions of years from now?
How do you imagine the world millions of years from now?
Will humanity still exist? Will we have been replaced by a more advanced species? Will we become gods or primitive monkeys on the eyes of the next advanced species??

If we can move a certain numbr of people to other planet, how will society be at the start? Will we retain the social progress, or only the scientific progress and go back an anarchy? How many people will be left behind? Thousands, millions, billions? Will we ever find inner peace? 

DO YOU BELIEVE THE IN THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DETECTION OF LINGERING CONSCIENCES OF ALL WHO HAVE DIED THROUGH HISTORY, AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIVE EVERY HUMAN BEING WHO HAS EVER LIVED? (wishful thinking)

Let your imagination go wild.
RE: How do you imagine the world millions of years from now?
A radioactive ball of shit.
Devoid.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
But there will be some christard douche walking around with a sign saying "jesus is coming any day now."
(April 13, 2018 at 11:49 pm)Macoleco Wrote: Will humanity still exist? Will we have been replaced by a more advanced species? Will we become gods or primitive monkeys on the eyes of the next advanced species??

If we can move a certain numbr of people to other planet, how will society be at the start? Will we retain the social progress, or only the scientific progress and go back an anarchy? How many people will be left behind? Thousands, millions, billions? Will we ever find inner peace? 

DO YOU BELIEVE THE IN THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DETECTION OF LINGERING CONSCIENCES OF ALL WHO HAVE DIED THROUGH HISTORY, AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIVE EVERY HUMAN BEING WHO HAS EVER LIVED? (wishful thinking)

In that amount of time we will either be extinct or god-like. I have no idea what form we would take if the latter but I doubt it would be anything we would now even recognize as life.

It is theoretically possible to revive every human being who has ever lived because information is not lost. Whether or not there is a practical way to do it or not, I wouldn't hazard a guess. At some point though, advanced beings should reach the point where the only thing limiting them is the laws of physics.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(April 14, 2018 at 12:25 am)AFTT47 Wrote:
(April 13, 2018 at 11:49 pm)Macoleco Wrote: Will humanity still exist? Will we have been replaced by a more advanced species? Will we become gods or primitive monkeys on the eyes of the next advanced species??

In that amount of time we will either be extinct or god-like. I have no idea what form we would take if the latter but I doubt it would be anything we would now even recognize as life.

It is theoretically possible to revive every human being who has ever lived because information is not lost. Whether or not there is a practical way to do it or not, I wouldn't hazard a guess. At some point though, advanced beings should reach the point where the only thing limiting them is the laws of physics.

Once a person dies, how is that "information" not lost? How do we even tell what is going on a live person's head, most of the time? How can that be recovered?

The only thing limiting us now are the laws of physics, and that's not going to change anytime soon, let alone in a million years.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I really think it'll be as devoid of life as Mars. I believe life will exist on other planets, but only microbiotically.

I love futurism, but I prefer thinking about 150 or so years from now (where humans may still be dead, but I don't really think so). Linguistics and governance are of particular interest.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
In millions of years we will have evolved into something other than human. Especially if some of us colonize other planets.
My gosh. It'll be Star Trek!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Wonder if it will be fun living in a colony in a desert of a forsaken planet... I think the intergalactic era will not be as people imagine it, lol. It may be worse than the shit we have right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 703 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 570 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1326 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 743 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1869 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1098 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Most memorable New Years onlinebiker 8 571 January 1, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64055 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  45 years later, at a sports bar....... Brian37 4 432 September 10, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7345 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball