Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Advisor: 30% of Brits surf the mobile web while on the loo
PC Advisor: 30% of Brits surf the mobile web while on the loo
Quote:PC Advisor: 30% of Brits surf the mobile web while on the loo
Other go online during business meetings and weddings
Carrie-Ann Skinner

Nearly 30 percent of Brits have admitted to surfing the web from their mobile phone was using the loo, says Yahoo.

Research by the search engine also highlighted that 21 percent of us browse the mobile web at the dinner table while 11 percent do it during a business meeting and seven percent have even gone online when at a wedding.

When it comes to the content being viewed online from mobile phones, 20 percent of men admitted it was football scores they wanted to get their hands on. Women, on the other hand, used their mobile phone to find lottery results and reality TV updates.

Related Article:
PC Advisor: 28% of Brits take gadgets to bed

[Read More Here]

I dunno about you but I have never used a gadget in the bog ... the nearest I've got to it would be reading a magazine or similar and TBH I don't really do that (there are far more comfortable places to do that).

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: PC Advisor: 30% of Brits surf the mobile web while on the loo
The most technical thing I do on the Loo is change toiletpaper.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
"30% of Brits surf the mobile web while on the loo"

Guilty, but not something I'm ashamed of. I'm more surprised by the related article's claim that only 28% of Brits take gadgets to bed.
You know sleepwalking? Well I sleepforum - that's how I'm so active...

Joke lol. But that would be so awesome lol. But only if my sleep was actually any good while doing so LOL.

Hmm...I wonder how many of you would believe me if I didn't say I was joking lol.

I recently had posted almost 14% of the total posts apparently. Now it's nearly 15%. And now there's more people so :S

14.8 percent now...:S Tongue

EvF
Maybe it's age (or maybe it's just addiction) but I take a book to bed with me ... mind you, I hate mobile phones with a passion (don't have a blackberry and can't see enough on the screen even if I had) and I really, really am a desktop PC geek (actually a full tower merchant if truth be known and they are kind of difficult to lug up the stairs let alone take to bed). I currently don't have a portable though I should be getting a 17" screen one soon (even if it is an AMD ... spit!) and I've never been one for smaller "notebooks".

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

I'm not bothered with a laptop either. I just love having my own desk AND it's what I'm used to...

And laptops are too small for me...and I wouldn't take them a lot of places cos they could easily get stolen.

I like them a bit more than I used to though cos it never occurred to me that you can still plug them in because I was thinking of wireless mice which I hate with a passion. Doing gaming and the batteries run out NOT GOOD.

EvF
(May 20, 2009 at 3:18 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I was thinking of wireless mice which I hate with a passion. Doing gaming and the batteries run out NOT GOOD.

I've backtracked away from wireless now ... my main system is fully wired, wired devices are more responsive IMO. Wirted networks are better too ... on wireless I get 54Mb typically (108 at a push) but my physical network is 1Gb all over the house.

Kyu
Angry Atheism

I haven't really found a difference between wireless and wired, other than wireless being less tangles Big Grin
(May 20, 2009 at 3:37 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I haven't really found a difference between wireless and wired, other than wireless being less tangles

Wired is considerably faster especially when transferring files.

Kyu
Angry Atheism

(May 20, 2009 at 3:34 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote:
(May 20, 2009 at 3:18 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I was thinking of wireless mice which I hate with a passion. Doing gaming and the batteries run out NOT GOOD.

I've backtracked away from wireless now ... my main system is fully wired, wired devices are more responsive IMO. Wirted networks are better too ... on wireless I get 54Mb typically (108 at a push) but my physical network is 1Gb all over the house.

Kyu

Same here. I always prefer wired whenever possible. Whether it is mouse or network.

I do have a laptop I work on at home but that is a gaming laptop with a full bore P4 processor and video card (no mobile version) and widescreen and full keyboard with numeric keypad. That means it is "portable" but at 8kg not exactly lightweight.

And with 5 fans blowing out the bottom the last thing you want to do is put it on your lap. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  While out trimming the yard........ brewer 3 266 July 19, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 810 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
Bug Is your personal web site malicious? JohnMBauer 8 696 May 24, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  My kid received this while Trick or Treating.... Figbash 33 2266 November 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  This has been nagging me for a while now... Dr H 11 1563 January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Not going anywhere for a while? Brian37 24 2083 June 6, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Joods
  Electrical short somewhere in my mobile home. Brian37 13 2003 January 9, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Say, Can One Of You Brits Translate This For Me Minimalist 18 2649 November 23, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Going to have to leave the forum for a while Foxaèr 16 1618 November 3, 2017 at 3:22 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Mobile home trailers, remodel or replace? Brian37 22 3065 September 9, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Brian37