Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Darkmatter vid: indoctrination and reinforcement
New Darkmatter vid: indoctrination and reinforcement
He's done it again. This perfectly sums up and explains why intelligent people can hold ridiculous beliefs. It puts into pictures all the things I keep saying about indoctrination. If you've not heard of him before, check out his channel, darkmatter2525 on youtube. He is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: New Darkmatter vid: indoctrination and reinforcement
Yeah, that's why theists want their god in schools, alongside more practical things like science and history. The best way to convert is by targeting the vulnerable, and children are pretty vulnerable.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Good stuff, wonder if our theists viewers will watch it and consider it.
Speaking from experience, once you question and subsequently reject the ridiculous claim, people close to you may look at you like you're poop! However, making your position known, can at least lead to their own questioning of the ridiculous claim at some point, even if they don't reject it outright. 

I reckon that's something!
But putting that first crack in the dam is pretty hard when the other party considers logic and knowledge to be the devil's work.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

The irritating thing is that people who say that crap do use reason and evidence for just about everything else apart from religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I love to hear something false about this "propaganda" from any theist.
If you can't find anything false, then you must think it is true? Cognitive dissonance anyone?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Love me some Darkmatter vids, his serious stuff is just as good as his comedy.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
The videos on that channel are always worth a watch, and this latest one is no different. I am glad I subscribed all that time ago. I have learned so much.

(February 14, 2016 at 8:24 am)robvalue Wrote: He's done it again. This perfectly sums up and explains why intelligent people can hold ridiculous beliefs. It puts into pictures all the things I keep saying about indoctrination. If you've not heard of him before, check out his channel, darkmatter2525 on youtube. He is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg

indoctrination:

hmmm ...  Dodgy 

its ok to be a free thinker.  well, as long as you agree with me that is.  
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New vid: argument from ignorance explained through mining robvalue 56 8008 January 2, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  Indoctrination Roxy904 10 2338 January 31, 2015 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Religious indoctrination of children shipleyy 91 41581 April 2, 2012 at 2:37 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko