Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Website] Search through Hillary Clinton's Emails
[Website] Search through Hillary Clinton's Emails
http://graphics.wsj.com/hillary-clinton-...documents/

It's pretty interesting that this allows you to see through the daily life of someone in such a powerful position.

Check it out.

Also here's a very creepy, weird email[WARNING: NSFW]:
http://graphics.wsj.com/hillary-clinton-...=C05764171

Here's the real version in color[The NSFW version]:

http://m.motherjones.com/files/ArmorGroup%20Photos.pdf

I don't really know what those two^ emails are about, like the context of them, i'm reposting this from reddit because I thought you'd find it interesting.

Edit: Interesting exchange I found on reddit, with an interesting email link.
Quote:The ones in which Sidney Blumenthal quoting a source talking about Israel are downright odd considering the quality of the source is indeterminate.
"Secure an air base in Saudi Arabia that would suggest a staging ground for an eventual attack [...on Iran]"
Wtf?
http://graphics.wsj.com/hillary-clinton-...791550.pdf

Someone replied with:
Quote:Intelligence Officer here. What is really odd is that isn't written on what a normal report of that type is written on. It's like someone just wrote out their own paragraphs on a email and sent it. It is incredibly strange. If I got a report like that I wouldn't even know what to do. It's so outside the norm that the only thing I can think of is it was written by handjamming it off the Top Secret network onto a regular network.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: [Website] Search through Hillary Clinton's Emails
Why should the public be allowed to see her emails? That's absurd
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 16, 2016 at 4:45 am)Alex K Wrote: Why should the public be allowed to see her emails? That's absurd
Don't know, but there's no use in debating it when they've already been released.

However, I think it's special circumstances though:
Quote:A controversy arose in March 2015, when it became publicly known that Hillary Clinton exclusively used her family's private email server for her official email communications while , rather than utilizing official State Department email accounts maintained on federal government servers.

If anyone else's emails were released, yes I do think it's absurd. However I think the reasoning behind it is that once the public found out her emails weren't totally secure, everyone wanted to know if it was a huge deal or not, if it mattered. Once the gov. started looking into it, curiosity arose, everyone became worried.

I don't know why they are released, I honestly don't. Not that I don't think they should be released, I just don't understand why they would be released publicly, since the gov. could just lie and avoid controversy(or at least control it).
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
Of course there is a use in debating it - it sets a problematic precedent. It also reminds me of the whole climategate debacle (and other similar but less publicised cases in biotech) where self righteous idiots (or simply cynical propagandists) ask for disclosure and then start picking apart email exchanges for quotes that are suitable for mistepresentation without understanding or even wanting to understand the context.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(February 16, 2016 at 4:45 am)Alex K Wrote: Why should the public be allowed to see her emails? That's absurd

She's a government official. All government emails (except classified ones) are subject to Freedom of Information requests.
Hm, so, it's the same reason as with the scientists. I just don't think it is a good idea to have that by default.

It's not really a default though. It's not like all government emails will get released to the public. FoI requests have to be reviewed and approved. So the State Dept received the FoI request, approved it with obvious constraints (no classified emails) and are bound by law to release the emails. There's no legitimate reason to refuse the FoI request in this case; Clinton's emails were government work, and part of government transparency is the fact that emails you sent at work might get released to the public.
Including stuff like
"Can we shift Bills appearance at the conference by a day, he's had too much bean chilly last night..."
?

I guess it depends when it was sent and who to. The FoI might have covered all emails sent to government addresses, or that were sent during certain time windows. Without knowing what the FoI request covered it's hard to know why that email was included.

Just remember though, if Clinton had used her state assigned email like everyone else, and kept her private server for private emails, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
(February 16, 2016 at 11:00 am)Tiberius Wrote: I guess it depends when it was sent and who to. The FoI might have covered all emails sent to government addresses, or that were sent during certain time windows. Without knowing what the FoI request covered it's hard to know why that email was included.

Just remember though, if Clinton had used her state assigned email like everyone else, and kept her private server for private emails, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Were her private emails released as well? If not, what's the big deal?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 361 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Shiny New Political Website BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1314 August 29, 2020 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Should Hillary Run in 2020? John V 40 6350 July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Trump stumbles through ‘God Bless America’ LadyForCamus 12 1408 June 8, 2018 at 10:11 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11804 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do you feel different about Bill Clinton's sexual past? CapnAwesome 89 12058 November 23, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Tell Me Once More Progressives That Hillary and the WLB are "The Same" Minimalist 67 13967 October 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1453 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Both Bernie and Hillary supporters pissing me off. Brian37 44 15158 June 24, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Trump could be booted, installing Clinton as president Foxaèr 18 4622 June 9, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus