Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both Bernie and Hillary supporters pissing me off.
Both Bernie and Hillary supporters pissing me off.
I cannot believe that even today, that bitterness between supporters of both is still here. I voted for Bernie in the primaries then voted for Hillary in the general, and Bernie himself threw his support behind her.

NOW just now on Twitter I am still seeing BOTH Hillary "all or nothing" people and Bernie "all or nothing people" still pointing the finger, and that shit will not help the left win in 2020 and it could even hurt us in 2018,.

BOTH Hillary and Bernie's supporters need to fucking knock it off. The election is over, it is time to move on. This bullshit I am seeing still today is why I don't want either to run, I love both of them, but our divisions are not their fault, it is the fault of a minority in BOTH camps and because of that we could end up with Trump for 8 years.

2016 is over, and it is no longer about either Bernie or Hillary, it is about gaining seats in 18 and winning in 2020. I am really sick of the cult of personality followers OF BOTH.

What especially bothers me about this loss, is the SCOTUS pick itself, was not enough to unite the two camps and now look at what we have. THE SCOTUS picks far outweigh the divisions because those judges will be sitting on the bench for decades long after a president leaves. 

PLEASE LEFT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE knock it off.
RE: Both Bernie and Hillary supporters pissing me off.
All I know is I voted for her in 2016 but never will again. She isn't horrible, she is merely unelectable. The consequences for running someone unelectable against whoever they have in the clown car are obviously too serious to screw around with.
The division between Bernie and Hillary supporters is no longer about the specific candidates. It's about the Democratic establishment vs ACTUAL liberals. The current Democratic establishment is incapable of defeating Republicans and Trump because they are no more than spineless, uninspiring neoliberals. It's not enough for them to "not be Trump" like they thought would work in November. They need to lay out a progressive platform and appeal to Trump's base the same way Sanders did. For example, what are Dems doing about healthcare? They need to formulate their own improvements on the ACA and show the American people what could be if they win more seats in 2018. Simply going against the awful Republican bill will do nothing. Bernie has created his own legislation for people to get behind, Medicare For All. What has Schumer, Pelosi, etc done? Jackshit

So no, there can be no unity until Democrats wake up and realize what they need to do. That's what these arguments are about.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(June 23, 2017 at 4:27 pm)Whateverist Wrote: All I know is I voted for her in 2016 but never will again.  She isn't horrible, she is merely unelectable.  The consequences for running someone unelectable against whoever they have in the clown car are obviously too serious to screw around with.

She would have made an excellent president, so I don't think she was horrible. I would only say that running is not her thing and doing is. I think between Trump being a fucking asshole, whom should have been sued for defamation in any case, plus her strategy not hitting the rust belt states enough at the end hurt her. 

My point here is I really don't want either to run again precisely because the bitterness in both camps is still there. I still love both of them, but I think it would be suicide if either ran again.
(June 23, 2017 at 4:10 pm)Brian37 Wrote: ..................and that shit will not help the left win in 2020 and it could even hurt us in 2018,.

That's why I'm hoping that they keep it up!!!! I'm hoping for any republican next time around too
(June 23, 2017 at 5:53 pm)Court Jester Wrote:
(June 23, 2017 at 4:10 pm)Brian37 Wrote: ..................and that shit will not help the left win in 2020 and it could even hurt us in 2018,.

That's why I'm hoping that they keep it up!!!! I'm hoping for any republican next time around too

Way to make the case for party over country.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I suspect Jester is really Putin.
(June 23, 2017 at 5:53 pm)Court Jester Wrote:

That makes you an idiot. The GOP is chomping at the bit to screw 24 million including over 1 million vets out of health care, more tax breaks for the rich that will make Bush Jr's crash look like an economic boom.

We've done the deregulation and don't tax the rich since Reagan and all that has done is gutted the middle class and exploded the pay gap and made it harder and harder for workers to make ends meet.

It astounds me how people can get stupid and vote against their own self interests.
(June 23, 2017 at 5:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 23, 2017 at 5:53 pm)Court Jester Wrote: That's why I'm hoping that they keep it up!!!! I'm hoping for any republican next time around too

Way to make the case for party over country.

Boru

Given the choices; yes.
(June 23, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Court Jester Wrote:
(June 23, 2017 at 5:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Way to make the case for party over country.

Boru

Given the choices; yes.

The GOP is based out of Moscow, not Washington DC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 987 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3018 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1388 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1880 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  make friends with both washington and moscow Interaktive 8 954 March 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 314 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1248 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2554 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  How messed up are Trump Supporters? Minimalist 463 34189 January 23, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2386 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU