Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been on this website a year now...
I've been on this website a year now...
It has been a fun first year even though some Theists have been frustrating. Overall I've had a good experience though, and I'm glad I joined. I know I've made some controversial statements over the course of the year, but I've tried my best not to offend anyone (i.e. Ad Homenums).

I don't know what I'll do over the next 365 days. But maybe I'll become more active on YouTube. There's so much that could be said, and maybe I can fill a void. But certainly I hope to remain active on here, and I'm tempted to throw a few monies the forums' way. A big thanks to everyone.

RE: I've been on this website a year now...
(February 18, 2016 at 9:08 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: It has been a fun first year even though some Theists have been frustrating. Overall I've had a good experience though, and I'm glad I joined. I know I've made some controversial statements over the course of the year, but I've tried my best not to offend anyone (i.e. Ad Homenums).

I don't know what I'll do over the next 365 days. But maybe I'll become more active on YouTube. There's so much that could be said, and maybe I can fill a void. But certainly I hope to remain active on here, and I'm tempted to throw a few monies the forums' way. A big thanks to everyone.

Been around for almost 6 years Shock

Thanks Tibs and the staff for keeping this little oasis for us.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, despite my at times not so pleasant experience here, I do believe this is the best forum on the internet that I know of. I'm a perfectionist and that tends to spill in my interactions with other people here, sometimes, but it comes from a good place. That doesn't mean I don't respect most everyone here and think they are very intelligent people, because I do, and they are what makes this place so great, coupled with an impartial and perseverant staff. I've learned a lot here and had my mind changed about a lot of things - and that's wonderful. Looking forward to what's yet to come as well Tongue.
Congrats on your anniversary Props! I enjoy your opinion on things, I hope you stick around longer. I'm sure you have a lot to offer YouTube as well.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Congratulations on your anniversary here, MNMP. I too appreciate your input to the forum. You have a depth of knowledge of Islam that is uncommon. I always learn from your posts.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Happy Cake Day! Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(February 18, 2016 at 12:31 pm)Exian Wrote: Happy Cake Day! Smile

Good point.

Where's the cake?
Dying to live, living to die.
[Image: funny-windows-error16.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 18, 2016 at 11:40 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Congratulations on your anniversary here, MNMP.  I too appreciate your input to the forum.  You have a depth of knowledge of Islam that is uncommon.  I always learn from your posts.

I think you give me too much credit. I'm always taken verses out of context. Wink That aside, I know that certain statements are in the Quran so it's just remembering the chapter and verse numbers. It's a hobby so I'm not looking to memorize the Quran word for word.

But hopefully I will improve once I get the new study Quran. I was in the process of creating a debate containing my own commentary on the Quran, but that seems to have stalled. However, the study Quran, with it's combination of commentary from a variety of sources (not just Sunni) should help with that.

After making room for the new study Quran, I'll start saving up for Al-Waqidi's The Campaigns of Muhammad. That looks like a fascinating read, should I find the time for it. It got misleadingly (in my opinion) translated with the title "The Life Of Muhammad", and it's rather expensive, partially because it's a huge book and partially because it's for an extremely niche audience.

(February 18, 2016 at 11:19 am)robvalue Wrote: Congrats on your anniversary Props! I enjoy your opinion on things, I hope you stick around longer. I'm sure you have a lot to offer YouTube as well.
Thanks. However, I'm too indecisive when it comes to making videos so it's rare that I upload anything. I need to decide what I want to really do with the Mrnomorepropaganda YouTube channel. And something I need to remember to do is subscribe to yourself. You have several fallacy related videos, and it wouldn't hurt to be more informed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 896 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2171 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 620 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 701 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 744 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2148 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1324 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2083 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Happy New Year? zebo-the-fat 28 2017 January 2, 2021 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Apollo