Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best eBay purchase ever!
The best eBay purchase ever!
Zimbabwe, in all their economic wisdom, had so much hyper-inflation last year that they had to print 100 trillion Zimbabwe Dollar notes; each one was approximately worth $300 (US).

However, since their economy died and they are now using other currency (a mixture of USD, Euro, etc), all of these notes are now worthless. eBay has quite a few of them, in mint condition. So I bought one:

[Image: zimbabwedollar.jpg]

I don't know what I love the most about it; the 14 zeros it has squashed together, or the fact that something worth $300 last year was bought in mint condition off eBay for less than $3. It's something I shall treasure forever, and use as a warning for my grandchildren about how not to solve an economic crisis.
RE: The best eBay purchase ever!
Thanks for that. I've just bought one myself for £1.35 plus £1.35 P&P Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
If anyone wants one, and lives in the UK, I can highly recommend this seller: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zimbabwe-100-TRILL...2ea5c276ad

£2.18 per bill, and free shipping (he ships it in a cellophane pouch, in a hard-back envelope).
I knocked him down 19p Big Grin

Arrived today - ditto excellent shipping.
Adverts in Zimbabwe must have been so much fun. 'Buy this fridge now, for only 300 million... 400 million... 500 million...' Also, if someone went on a gameshow and won the grand prize, by the time they'd won they could only have bought a packet of crisps.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Every single religibot should start tithing with this currency. I'd almost pay one hundred trillion dollars to see the priests faces.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Awesome!
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Drinks are on me Big Grin

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31...1156301658
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Ha ha, congrats Adrian. You're a multi-trillionair! Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Pre WW2 Germany had the same "solution" to their money problems. In the war and resistance museum in Overloon there is still a bill of 5 billion Reichsmark which at the time might have purchased you a loaf of bread.

There are also photographs of people firing up their stoves with banknotes as that was cheaper than buying coal or wood for it.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winning on Ebay onlinebiker 2 183 October 10, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  I love Ebay, BUT . . . . vorlon13 5 1785 February 12, 2017 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  GS Warriors 72-9 so far .. best team ever in the NBA? Whateverist 19 1683 May 12, 2016 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Best. Hallowe'en costumes. Ever. Cyberman 12 1365 September 28, 2015 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Chad32
  What are the best BBQ foods ever? Let's make the perfect barbecue. H2O 72 9672 June 30, 2015 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The friend zone is the worst place to ever be in ever. Sakumofo 38 11507 October 6, 2013 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Aegrus
  The best place(s) you have ever been Something completely different 26 5840 August 2, 2013 at 3:40 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Best. GoT. Mash-up. Ever. thesummerqueen 12 2395 April 2, 2013 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  What's the best birthday experience you have ever had? Jay1982 18 6442 October 21, 2011 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  eBay dynamics Darwinian 10 2052 August 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Darwinian