Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best place(s) you have ever been
The best place(s) you have ever been
Budějovice (known as Budweiß) in Czech Republic

It`s the place where the famous beer comes from, there are loads of little breweries it is big but not to big and therefor very comfy. It has this wonderfull medieval and renaissance architecture all across the city. The people are nice and friendly. The restaurants serve awsome meals. And I hope to return there.

Berlin.

Go there and figure out yourself why.

Cardiff

Because I found it more comfy and friendlier than all places in England ( I have only been to Leeds, London, Blackpool and Swansea so far there).

Toulouse

That`s where the friendly French people live.

Rotterdam

Because it is better than Amsterdam

Istanbul

It will destroy all biased bad notions and bad stereotyps that you had about the islamic world.

Gdanzk and Prag

The cultural centers of eastern Europe.
RE: The best place(s) you have ever been
New Orleans, Louisiana. Yes, the city smells if it isn't early in the morning when it's been freshly cleaned, but the city has so much life to it. A vibrant culture. Food to die for. Booze everywhere. And a great gay community. I sometimes fantasize about having a place in the French Quarter that I could go to on weekends and write. Of course, I don't actually have the money for that. Maybe someday.
I agree about Berlin, best place in Europe I've visited.
I love NYC, nowhere else has that bustling completely surrounded by people feeling, yet still separate, detached from everyone else. New Yorkers just don't give a fuck how weird you are, they won't even bat an eye.
For natural beauty...
Parts of Arkansas are very pretty, just stay away from people.
Overlooking the Great Rift Valley was breathtaking. As were Massaai Amara and Tsavo game parks in Kenya.
Sharm-el-Sheikh, Egypt. I lived mere feet from the Red Sea. Every morning the sun greeted me over the water and I just waved at it like Rain Man.

Awesome.
Hawaii, great weather, everything to do or do nothing but enjoy the place, great sunsets where ever you are.

Nevada, Wyoming, Montana beautiful country in many different ways, great places to eat and always something to do or somewhere new to see.

Best place though, home, East Tennessee, spring and fall have never visited in such great and beautiful ways anywhere, more species of trees than the whole of Europe, 6 beautiful lakes within an hour of Knoxville. Beautiful mountains, rivers and valleys, great biking and kayaking and food to die for everywhere. Nothing like home at least when one lives in East Tennessee.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I forget her name....but it was magnificent.
The San Francisco bay area. This is the best place in the world to live as it turns out. Climate, culture and natural beauty. Plenty of heady and edgy folks. Probably not for you if you prefer ignorant, true believin', homophobes and racists.

Other places I've enjoyed visiting (but would not want to live in year-round):

Paris, Manhattan, London, Venice, Kyoto, Hawaii, Florida, Deer Isle Maine, the gardens of England, Portlandia, Santa Fe, South Florida and Austin, Texas.

There are probably lots of other places I'd like but I haven't gotten there yet. (I'm looking at you, down-under. Oh, and Spain.)
I have fond memories of Cinque Terre near La Spezia, Italy.

The shore of lake Superior, off 42nd, a few blocks from where I grew up, at night, in fall or early winter. The lake and I, it wasn't spiritual, it was almost like sex.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Any forest, I guess. The kinds of forests that existed before the concrete jungles took over.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 352 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2044 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2025 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1372 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1118 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 690 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1278 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2010 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2195 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6024 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3