Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What right and left get wrong on Islam.....
What right and left get wrong on Islam.....
While I hate bigotry I also hate my well intended left thinking taboos and trying to protect religion from getting offended, there is a HUGE difference between Trump's xenophobia and selling fear, and blasphemy of religion. But the left over corrects and allows those who justify bigotry, sexism, homophobia and violence.

But, it is good to see some still in religion get it, that "secular" is not the evil commie Stalin cold war slur people make it out to be. 

Many remember Ben Aflack condeming Bill Maher and Sam Harris and Ayaan Hirsi Ali for rightfully pointing out that the Quran and Hadiths have made the Middle East far to theocratic, violent and divided.

Here is a still Christian, but saw that falsely using "Islamophobe" was the wrong tactic and now agrees with those above that it is simply a way to shut down critcism.
Having said that, what sickos like Trump sell is xenophobia. And the irony of the GOP selling the fear that freedom of religion will end if Jefferson's wall is maintained, is also sick. None of us should want the west to look like the Middle East. Now here is a Christian using that far to demonize word "secular", just as I use it properly. Our right wing Christians miss the point of what liberals say, now here you have a Christian saying what atheists have been saying for years. 

[/url][url=http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-critics-of-islam-were-right-an-apology-to-ayaan-hirsi-ali-sam-harris-bill-maher-and-other-so...]http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-critics-of-islam-were-right-an-apology-to-ayaan-hirsi-ali-sam-harris-bill-maher-and-other-so...
EDIT........ 
For some reason the link doesn't work. GOOGLE "The Critics of Islam Were Right: An Apology to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Sam Harris, Bill Maher and Other So-Called Islamophobes from Christian Post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1918 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3473 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1558 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is the bible left or right? ignoramus 24 2030 January 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1409 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1121 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  My decoversion and back to Islam. Mystic 34 4253 October 18, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1710 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  On the wrong tract............ Brian37 28 4857 December 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2451 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist