Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop pretending to be modest
Stop pretending to be modest
So I'm going say something Muslim women don't want to hear. They say they're about not calling attention to their appearance and being modest, but you're calling attention to yourself. Do you know how little attention would be paid to you by wearing simply jeans and a long sleeved tee shirt. Even a simple kerchief tied on the head is more modest and calls less attention to yourself if you simply must cover your hair. But please quit trying to pretend what you're doing is about modesty.
RE: Stop pretending to be modest
I believe it mostly has to do with avoiding being sprayed with corrosive acid in the face or being burned up alive.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: Mail%20Attachment_1.jpeg]
They are probably saying what they've been indoctrinated to say. It is incredibly sad.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
All men are pedophiles, we need to give Hijabs to babies:

[Image: tumblr_m6mkjmZqLx1qzh88co1_1280.jpg]

What exactly do you find problems with them wearing hijabs(that's what it's called right?)or them trying to appear modest?
Quote: by wearing simply jeans and a long sleeved tee shirt

No, it's better for them to wear coffee shirt
Ha                ha                                ha

Anyhow, Niqab -which is face covering- is not even Islamic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niq%C4%81b..._face_veil

This way of dressing goes back way, way back. Before Islam itself.
Anyhow, modest or not, I personally believe that it's about killing the "sexiness"; i.e so perverts find no easy meal.
The theory is Hijabs provide this supernatural barrier that prevents women from being raped. But majority of men won't rape regardless of whether a Hijab is worn or not, and a Hijab will not prevent the minority of men who actually want to rape woman. In fact, the sexual repression imposed by Wahaabis/Salafis is what encourages men to rape in the first place.

We even see it with Catholic priests when they abuse children. Celibacy is not normal. Humans are the only animal that does celibacy. Hundreds of animals engage in homosexual acts and yet celibacy is seen as more acceptable than homosexuality? Only nincompoops advocate for celibacy.

Child abuse claims at UK madrassas 'tip of iceberg'

Reform call as madrassa teacher guilty of child cruelty

From what I remember in a religion course in university, surveys show over 95% of Muslim woman don't claim to wear the Hijaab to be modest, but wear it to obey God.  They wear it simply because God commanded them.
(March 13, 2016 at 7:44 am)MysticKnight Wrote: From what I remember in a religion course in university, surveys show over 95% of Muslim woman don't claim to wear the Hijaab to be modest, but wear it to obey God.  They wear it simply because God commanded them.

But how? Is the word "Hijab" in the Quran? My understanding is the Quran does not mention any specific items of clothing. But if that's the reason people do that then, sure, whatever. If it's from the Hadith then that's not Allah speaking, but fallible humans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 43 3333 September 1, 2023 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Blame shouldn't stop you from doing god's will Ignis 16 1254 September 11, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Were I A Muslim I'd Stop Going To Those Fucking Mosques. Minimalist 11 3288 June 26, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Turkey to stop teaching evolution downbeatplumb 8 2219 June 25, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  A way to stop Jihad: Jihawg Ammo Gooders1002 2 1540 June 24, 2013 at 8:17 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Stop the press! Hot news! leo-rcc 2 1974 February 15, 2012 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko