Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey to stop teaching evolution
Turkey to stop teaching evolution
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40384471

Quote:On Wednesday, the head of the education ministry's curriculum board Alpaslan Durmuş announced that a section on Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution would be excluded from biology textbooks in the ninth grade (14 and 15 year olds) from next year on.
Students are "too young to understand 'controversial subjects'", he said, adding that the topic will be delayed until undergraduate study.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has already approved the proposed changes to the national curriculum, which are expected to be published next week after the Muslim Eid ending the fasting month of Ramadan.

Quote:Mr Erdogan has already stated several times his goal of raising pious generations and Deputy PM Numan Kurtulmus had once described the theory of evolution as archaic.

So once again religion drags the world backwards.

Sometimes I despair of people.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Turkey to stop teaching evolution
Welcome to the return of the dark ages
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Hmm, in the 50s and 60s we imported all those workers from Turkey. Maybe now we can import all their scientists. Muaha
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Betsy DeVos got to them. I KNEW IT!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I see Min beat me to mentioning this in another thread. Ninja'd again.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 24, 2017 at 2:47 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I see Min beat me to mentioning this in another thread. Ninja'd again.

Yesterday; I was "Samuraized".
Ha   ha   ha.
Lord "Nobonaga" had an "Oda" which took us to a debate that ended with the Samurai attempt. I just don't like "Oda"s.

Seriously though; I think evolution is quite believable, even if an Islamic belief was present. The creation of "Adam" included the following verse:

Quote:Sura 15, Page 263, The Quran:
( 26 )   And We did certainly create man out of clay from an altered black mud.
( 27 )   And the jinn We created before from scorching fire.
( 28 )   And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "I will create a human being out of clay from an altered black mud.
( 29 )   And when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul, then fall down to him in prostration."

The proportioning and the breathing of soul are not defined or known in detail: they can take billions of years, millions, nobody knows but God.

It's quite strange and also rash to immediately claim full knowledge of both of these processes. Eventually; one might be in serious trouble if Evolution was how God made man, generation after generation.
I wonder if they'll stop vaccinations?

So in Turkey evolution is now BS but the belief in golems is encouraged. That will be a good place for the giant asteroid to hit.
Turkey can now join the U.S. as a country that will not be producing the next generation of important scientists.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 43 3333 September 1, 2023 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Blame shouldn't stop you from doing god's will Ignis 16 1254 September 11, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Were I A Muslim I'd Stop Going To Those Fucking Mosques. Minimalist 11 3288 June 26, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too Minimalist 49 6760 June 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Stop pretending to be modest BrokenQuill92 37 5673 March 27, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Athene
  A way to stop Jihad: Jihawg Ammo Gooders1002 2 1540 June 24, 2013 at 8:17 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Mohammed M. arrested in Turkey. Something completely different 0 1136 March 21, 2013 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Stop the press! Hot news! leo-rcc 2 1974 February 15, 2012 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko