Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:57 pm

Poll: Will you be attending?
This poll is closed.
Of course I will!
13.33%
4 13.33%
Nope Sad
86.67%
26 86.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Bashing Christians Debate
Stop Bashing Christians Debate
Following on from last years Atheist Forums meetup, which was at the IQ² debate, 'Is Atheism The New Fundamentalism', which we won by the way, we now have another opportunity to repeat the fun and games.

The latest debate is to be held at the Royal Geographical Society in London is titled 'STOP BASHING CHRISTIANS! BRITAIN HAS BECOME AN ANTI-CHRISTIAN COUNTRY' and will be held on the 3rd of November this year.

No doubt we'll meet up in a pub before hand and then stagger back there after the debate. I'll leave that side to Adrian as he seems to be the pub kind of guy Great

Anyway, what I would like to know is how many people are likely to attend what, if any, help people might need for transport, staying in London overnight etc.

I'll be travelling up from Gosport with my daughter (and possibly Retorth) so I should have room for a couple Big Grin

Full details here.. http://www.intelligencesquared.com/event...christians
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Stop Bashing Christians Debate
man, do you Brits always get to do lots of fun things? you make it sound like you do. Well, I hope you guys have fun.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
Ah man! I would love to go to this, but there is no way my car would make it all the way to London. Is there any chance it will be recorded?
(July 24, 2010 at 11:01 am)Cego_Colher Wrote: man, do you Brits always get to do lots of fun things? you make it sound like you do. Well, I hope you guys have fun.

Plenty of time for you to save up for the air fair Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(July 24, 2010 at 11:02 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Ah man! I would love to go to this, but there is no way my car would make it all the way to London. Is there any chance it will be recorded?

I think it is, it's broadcast live over the internet (I think).

It might also be on Youtube very soon after it's finished.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
oh I'd so love to attend... never been to something like that... I think Australia is a little far though?
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely that I'll be able to come. I will, however, watch it either live or on YouTube (probably the latter).
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Premise: 'STOP BASHING CHRISTIANS! BRITAIN HAS BECOME AN ANTI-CHRISTIAN COUNTRY'

Answer: 'No. And stop listening to that American pillock Rush Limbaugh.'
What a fucking cheek!

I've never bashed a Christian in my life. Nor have I ever set fire to one or even run one over in my car, although sorely temped on a daily basis for last 30 years.

This is not tolerance. It is fear of being incarcerated and becoming the wife of a 300 lb biker.

PS: I'm not anti Christian. I'm just anti fuckwit. Not my fault if most of the fuckwits I run across are also Christian. EG Godhead was a perfect example.
My answer is maybe Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate solely through the medium of memes Jacob(smooth) 6601 772143 April 13, 2020 at 4:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I have decided to stop writing poetry. Brian37 0 289 April 1, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Great Nerd Debate: Sith or Jedi The Valkyrie 27 8191 September 13, 2017 at 5:25 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Stop the presses, Mr Agenda's rep is about to go three digits - rep whoring op! Whateverist 34 6377 July 9, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Great Debate The Valkyrie 26 7770 June 13, 2017 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  How Long Does Someone Have to be Dead Before People stop Referring to them as Late? Rhondazvous 10 3091 May 18, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Too lazy to debate J a c k 30 5056 September 8, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Open debate dyresand 11 2035 March 28, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Debate and lack of activity Metis 7 2318 July 29, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Exian
  Are we going to be able to stop Climate Change? IanHulett 39 7875 February 8, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus