Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good AIM client for Win?
Tongue 
Good AIM client for Win?
I've been using mostly my mac for the past like 4 years and my bro had told me to use Aduim, because AIM for mac sucks. So, Now I have a shiny new desktop with Windows 7 named Kierkegaard and want to know a good client for IMs.
So, I ask the internet people (the ones that are real people (that means most of you)) some of them should know some good ones.

So, if anyone has any suggestions that would be lovely and thank you very much.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
RE: Good AIM client for Win?
Why did you get rid of your mac Sad

To answer your query, Pidgin is a good free IM client for AIM (and others). http://pidgin.im
i used Pidgin to log into all my chat clients, including AIM. The only problem I have with Pidgin is you can't edit the properties of incoming text. Pidgin doesn't have a 'stop auto scroll' button but it does have a 'view log' option where you can view the entire conversation in a 'no auto scroll' mode but this feature is probably more useful for when you're using Pidgin as an IRC client for a very popular 'IRC channel'
I just use the normal aim client. Works fine.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Adrian Wrote:Why did you get rid of your mac

I'm not getting rid of my mac. I'm keeping it too. I've had it for 4 years at least anyway, it's a laptop, so I'll still be using it. Besides, I still have my desktop from before I went to college. If I ever get a house there will probably be a room devoted to all my computers.

Thank you, everyone.
(July 25, 2010 at 2:07 pm)Cego_Colher Wrote: I've been using mostly my mac for the past like 4 years and my bro had told me to use Aduim, because AIM for mac sucks. So, Now I have a shiny new desktop with Windows 7 named Kierkegaard and want to know a good client for IMs.
So, I ask the internet people (the ones that are real people (that means most of you)) some of them should know some good ones.

So, if anyone has any suggestions that would be lovely and thank you very much.

I use Miranda-IM. Supports every messenger network including IRC & ICQ as well as being completely extendable with plugins. Also it uses hardly any resources & you can run it from a USB thumbdrive just fine.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Oh, that one doesn't look bad either. I guess, I'll just have to see which one I like better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 804 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1428 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I bet I don't even win the Mostedest Posts Posted Award Foxaèr 18 2095 April 9, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Challenge: Formulate a guide to win a Nobel Prize ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2423 February 3, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: c172
  GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season Whateverist 29 4370 December 13, 2015 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Riddle: Win One Rep by Answering this Riddle Rhondazvous 26 3233 September 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Good night good luck from dyresand 0 979 May 24, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  You Win, I'm Out Of Here psychoslice 125 12563 March 24, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  So Much Intellectual WIN Thread Rayaan 11 2468 July 17, 2013 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  Help this girl win a college scholarship. Brian37 5 1820 November 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37