Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conspiracy Theories Subforum?
Conspiracy Theories Subforum?
Title pretty much says it all.

I think personally, even if this never amounted to much legitimacy, or any real "findings" per-se it would be super fucking fun. The way I imagine it would be people suggest conspiracies, back it up with evidence, and then people respond with contradictory evidence, and it divulges in to back and forths about what means what. As in, people suggest theories, and it's up to us to disprove them.

I don't know, thoughts? Agree/disagree?
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Conspiracy Theories Subforum?
Put it here.

[Image: outhouse-lrg-2-holer-and-1-holer-sized.jpg]
Pretty sure your asking for a pile of shit there sir. A pile of shit you can comment on, but a pile of shit never-the-less.
"I'm thick." - Me
Did you ever wonder if maybe there is a world inside our earth, and maybe, just maybe, sinkholes are the result of the people on the inside trying to turn the world inside out ?

Then we would be inside, and they'd be on the outside . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 10, 2016 at 2:11 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Did you ever wonder if maybe there is a world inside our earth, and maybe, just maybe, sinkholes are the result of the people on the inside trying to turn the world inside out ?

Then we would be inside, and they'd be on the outside . . . . .

That cats have that covered. They are on our side cause the noms.

[Image: YLMxsvy8PSzks.gif]
"I'm thick." - Me
I think it might be a good idea. It would keep insaniacs like Scooby off the main forum and it would be instructional for how one must present credible evidence to be taken seriously. Theists browsing such a subforum and seeing scoobythreads might make a connection. Ahh, now I understand why the atheists think I'm bat-shit insane.

Good idea IMHO.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(April 10, 2016 at 2:15 am)AFTT47 Wrote: I think it might be a good idea. It would keep insaniacs like Scooby off the main forum and it would be instructional for how one must present credible evidence to be taken seriously. Theists browsing such a subforum and seeing scoobythreads might make a connection. Ahh, now I understand why the atheists think I'm bat-shit insane.

Good idea IMHO.

So all the Scooby threads to date just needed cataloging to make them appear clearly crazy? And having a dedicated forum for such nonsense will help Theists see rational connections and arguments

That is what your thinking?
"I'm thick." - Me
Then we could put all the religious sections inside that subforum Tongue

It sounds like a cool idea to me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 10, 2016 at 2:02 am)Heat Wrote: Title pretty much says it all.

I think personally, even if this never amounted to much legitimacy, or any real "findings" per-se it would be super fucking fun. The way I imagine it would be people suggest conspiracies, back it up with evidence, and then people respond with contradictory evidence, and it divulges in to back and forths about what means what. As in, people suggest theories, and it's up to us to disprove them.

I don't know, thoughts? Agree/disagree?

If you're including me in the part where you say "it's up to US to disprove them."  It depends on the conspiracy theory on whether or not I'd want to do that.  Some conspiracy theories have pretty much been proven true.

Plus to make things even more complicated I know from talking to people in work that people often don't believe what they're talking about is crazy conspiracy theory and they think it's actually scientific or political information.

I used to talk to a guy in work who would say he doesn't really believe in conspiracy theories but he does believe America has a weather control device, it can also instantly flood islands and they used it to make an island near Mexico disappear, 9 11 was a false flag operation and so on..

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 10, 2016 at 2:19 am)Goosebump Wrote:
(April 10, 2016 at 2:15 am)AFTT47 Wrote: I think it might be a good idea. It would keep insaniacs like Scooby off the main forum and it would be instructional for how one must present credible evidence to be taken seriously. Theists browsing such a subforum and seeing scoobythreads might make a connection. Ahh, now I understand why the atheists think I'm bat-shit insane.

Good idea IMHO.

So all the Scooby threads to date just needed cataloging to make them appear clearly crazy? And having a dedicated forum for such nonsense will help Theists see rational connections and arguments

That is what your thinking?

Well, yeah. Admittedly, I've had a few 24 oz. cans of 8% beer so my judgement is undoubtedly compromised. But I think a sub-forum, categorizing the Lunars in one place and seeing them treated exactly the same way as theists might ring a bell.

Plus, I agree with Heat in that it would be entertaining. Tin foil hat threads are annoying in the regular forums. They are borderline spam or troll there. A dedicated sub-forum would be a good place for them. What could it hurt?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New subforum Joods 9 1938 February 15, 2016 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Appropriate Forum/Subforum athrock 7 1812 December 12, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Suggestion about new subforum Excited Penguin 49 9136 July 10, 2015 at 4:17 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Would a Testing subforum with a stickied 'test post thread' be useful at this time? Angrboda 0 1192 April 2, 2015 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The ultimate forum conspiracy Marsellus Wallace 22 4218 December 25, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Proposition about a new subforum for children KichigaiNeko 70 9724 November 16, 2011 at 3:53 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Proposal for a new subforum under Discussion Anomalocaris 15 6855 October 20, 2010 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Gaming subforum: gamer wants! Violet 16 5597 May 3, 2010 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: mrjack