Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whelp, make me feel good people
Whelp, make me feel good people
I've considered becoming an atheist. I still am. Frankly who gives a shit because while I considered myself Christian, I did so because I was told to. I never spent much time thinking about it. So even if I am still Christian, what does it matter? I don't even practice the damn thing.

This is probably going to be my only post here. And frankly, I'm smart, but I'm irrational. I'm the guy on the bus constantly thinking to himself everyday, sometimes getting up to literally just pace. Though I'm also a very angry person. The long and short of it is that I have been diagnosed with Severe Depression years ago, and really there's many types of it. They're rarely seen sad because they only act that way when by themselves.  For me, I can only help but see the worst in people, everything really. Despite having reasonable grades, spending hours every night being self taught on the design of various Space Launch vehicles, I drew the short end of everyone's straw. I was called again an again, along the lines of stupid, incapable of higher thought, and a hamper to society's progress. And ironically, not by atheists. Pat yourselves on the back.

You see, I didn't have much to look up to other than being very fucking good at math and science. The only person I could ever call a friend was my physical science teacher. And even more funny enough, I had a very good comprehension towards science, including biology and as such evolution as a whole. Though it was never my interest, because I'm interested in things that take us away from life in general, called a rocket. In fact, I spent more time thinking about nuclear weapons that biology. Yet despite this, my college experience is anything but bearable. I've been shoved away from school for three weeks, only to have to make up those three weeks without any lecturing or help. I've been banned from study halls, tutoring centers and the library because I was very fucking angry. And I was arrested because I threatened a teacher who pretty much was as helpful as God.

My personal issue is that I have an obsession. Because of my failures in life, I've become insecure, and that's where the meat of depression gets in. There is in truth, allot of anger, allot of paranoia, and the inability to think rationally. And I have allot of that. I can only assume the worst of people, and I spend day and night thinking and imagining people gossiping and plotting against me. Wanting to humiliate me even further. Even though they showed no signs of that intent. And we know about the bad apples on all sides, including yours. I would eventually meet up with a very vocal atheist, one who probably decided to become one just for the sake of being smart or pissing others off. Okay, make that a few. And considering the events that already ensued, I am not willing to be nice to other atheists and anti theists.

To be very brief, I've come to hate atheists, and anti theists in general. Now, the amount of people willing to read on at this point could probably fit in a bath tub. I pretty much threatened allot of my friends for various reasons, but those who were anti theists or atheists received the worst of me at some point or another. I need to stop doing this and get on with my pathetic life.

Okay, so there you go. So, how about all of you tell me about how I'm going to become a terreests or sum stoopid shit lolololo!1111!!! Presumably so I can hate you more. And if you don't, I'll assume God exists.
RE: Whelp, make me feel good people
Well, there's that.

Advice: treat people like individuals rather than the sum total of the people you've already experienced. It'll take you a lot farther in life.

Continuing to blame your actions on others or your depression is another pitfall. If you want to push people away, don't blame it on them.

Good luck, and welcome.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Please don't let this be your only post.  I'm missing you already. Oh, and that light fixture above your bed? It's JUST a light fixture, I swear. It isn't a camera at all, so there's one less thing to worry about.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Your only post? OK, hello and goodbye.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Make you feel good?

That's your job.

That was a very interesting post, and if that is indeed going to be your only one, well...you've left me hanging. I can't speak for anyone else. 

I hope to see more from you. Maybe we can be of small help to clarify your thoughts with you.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
My guess is that he wanted us to all hate him so he was right about atheists. Sorry to disappoint.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Great rant! If this is your only post here, it should indeed be written such that noone feels the urge to read another one, and that worked out quite nicely. That being said, it seems like you really should feel some good people, but I can't make you, you have to want it. I hope you get professional help to cope with the situation.
So long!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 16, 2016 at 9:23 pm)c172 Wrote: That was a very interesting post, and if that is indeed going to be your only one, well...you've left me hanging. I can't speak for anyone else. 

I hope to see more from you. Maybe we can be of small help to clarify your thoughts with you.

Unfortunately as pessimistic as I am, I legitimately do not want to coerce people into hating me.
I'd like you more if you stuck around. That first post had some unfinished business.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, All You Good and Godless People! NoFaith2Burn4 18 3993 August 21, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  To Whosoever Should Feel Concerned: Arrogant Christian 31 5593 July 24, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: The Barefoot Bum
  Feel the same? Fisher92 12 2518 January 13, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Introduction:Because Everyone is doing it and I feel peer pressured Bipolar Bob 21 6332 November 10, 2013 at 2:33 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Hello!!!! Finally a place I can feel at home! mohnjorrow 21 4234 January 24, 2013 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Metallica
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5588 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko