Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
David D'Angelo and his dating methods
David D'Angelo and his dating methods
Has anyone here heard of David D'Angelo? In L.A. apparently there are a lot of dating "gurus", some of them are good, some of them are not so goo, but D'Amgelo, at least to me, does appear to have the right idea.

His philosophy is that a man should always, always (well, nearly always) tease women. Not in a sinister way but in a friendly way, and that this, when combined with humour, is the perfect recipe for attracting women. He calls it "cocky / funny".

He says that traditionally men are taught to treat women nicely and that if they do that, women will be attracted to them. However, according to him, that is not the way. A man must be confident to the point of arrogance, and then mix humour ito it, creating an irresistable combination that leaves women feeling the emotion of attracion.

I've always kinda been like that myself but I never gave it any thought, but ever since I consciously put it into practise (as opposed to it just coming out here and there) it's worked briliantly. It just goes to show how what we're taught about how to attract women isn't always the right way.

What's your take on this, fellow male people (and female people)?
RE: David D'Angelo and his dating methods
My take: Pfft.

There is no "perfect recipe."
I don't know shit about this David D'Angelo, but if your description of him is anything to go by he seems horrendously naive.
How so, void?
It is foolish to believe that one simple and rather shallow tactic is going to nab you any girl you want. I'm sure you can figure out why.
There is no "one approach". I might personally chose the asshole/funny/insult approach, but i don't know too many other people who do.
You misunderstand, he's not saying, and neither am I, that there is one winning way that will get you any girl you want. Of course not, that would be naive. But what can be said is that it is a very effectibe approach in general, and works very well in many cases, if done properly.
I really never know how to go about discussing this sort of "best way to nab chicks" discussion. It's so cheesy. It may work on drunk girls, but it's so ineffectual in the long run. It reminds me of Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice. Do you try to give your cocky humor as "unstudied an air" as possible? Tongue
I think it's only for establishing a relationship shell, not maintaining one. That requires obedience Tongue
Aaah, Mr Darcy is a good example. He was arrogant, wasn't he? Elizabeth, although she would never have admitted it, was attracted to that. Women are not always willing to admit to what attracts them. Me, the cocky humour thing comes naturally, and I suppose you have to play it differently depending on who you're dealing with. Some girls get it straight away and play along, and others seem a bit confused until I give them a slight hint of what's going on, and then they get it. Some, even if they get it, don't respond well but that's because everyone's different. It's great fun when the girl in question understands my intentions and doesn't take it the wrong way. And I like it when they give as good as they get. It shows that they understand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Pill Dating Theory? FrustratedFool 143 6778 August 30, 2023 at 6:11 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  When will Trump announce his 2024 Presidential bid? Jehanne 8 807 July 28, 2022 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Dating advice seandiggy 30 4468 October 23, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: J a c k
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3208 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dating - Could you date a religious person? Regina 48 7650 November 8, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Finally got his autograph!! SofaKingHigh 24 4565 October 26, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Dating a vegetarian mcolafson 42 4014 September 27, 2016 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Help TRJF name his NEW KITTY!!!!! TheRealJoeFish 52 4405 September 20, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Online dating truthers J a c k 96 9428 August 1, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Thinking About Trying Online Dating Again - Talk Me Out of It Seraphina 62 6025 July 29, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet