Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Completely Agree!
I Completely Agree!
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/desponde...d-parties/

Quote:Despondent conservatives invent post-Trump fantasy land of third parties

Quote:Meanwhile, William F. Buckley’s poltergeist was being consulted over at the National Review. David French called for a rejection of the “evil” that is Donald Trump. He called for a third party candidate that conservatives could rally around–and pronto.

Get to work, conservatards.  You're running out of time.
RE: I Completely Agree!
So, the old elephant is turning into the bad bank of the conservatives. Good job if even the conservatives can't vote republican anymore.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Oh my....

This is like calling the pope a child molester...

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/why-dona...ld-reagan/

Quote:Why Donald Trump’s victory is a rejection of Ronald Reagan

Quote:This near-apocalypse has been years in the making. The Tea Party insurgency has badly undermined both state and national party elites, driving the GOP further to the right and electing highly ideological congressmen and senators who refused to compromise with the Obama administration – not least Cruz, who defied the GOP leadership and forced the US government into a total shutdown in 2013.

But this collapse is also the fruit of decades of economic deterioration of the party’s white working-class voters, especially those without a college education. Compounded by the 2008 financial crisis, decades of deindustrialisation have left a legacy of unemployment, underemployment, falling living standards and expanding social and economic inequality. This has also hit middle-income Republicans hard. Many of them now support higher taxes on corporations and the very wealthy and back some kind of redistribution of income and wealth.

You've got bigger problems than vaginal ultrasounds, motherfuckers!
So their solution to the Orangutan in the room is to split the vote and hand the Presidency to Clinton? Brilliant!

On second thought, not the worst idea either. If Clinton wins, the GOP can just carry on a uselessly as they have under Obama, blaming the President for everything their obstructionism and inaction helps bring about. There will never be a shortage of mouth-breathers who buy into it. And the rest of us can enjoy the repeat performance of "Help! My Party is Irrelevant" in 2020.
The only problem is, it will be 4 more years of the fucking jesus freaks shrieking "if only you nominated a TRUE CONSERVATARD" instead of that lying, amoral, Drumpf.  The only thing that would put the religious right to bed would be to let them get their fucking asses handed to them.  The good news?  With the speed with which jesusism is declining there will be even fewer of them in 2020.
(May 4, 2016 at 4:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The only problem is, it will be 4 more years of the fucking jesus freaks shrieking "if only you nominated a TRUE CONSERVATARD" instead of that lying, amoral, Drumpf.  The only thing that would put the religious right to bed would be to let them get their fucking asses handed to them.  The good news?  With the speed with which jesusism is declining there will be even fewer of them in 2020.

True. And it is a pity that Cruz is out of the race because he's just the guy to get his ass handed to him in a general election. Regardless, I think it's safe to say that the Christian Right's political clout at the national level is tanking. They had Carson, Huckabee, Cruz, and others all ready to assume the mantle of God's Chosen Candidate, and they couldn't get any of those nags to the finish line. Before long, they just might have to go back to rendering unto Caesar those things that are Caesar's, rendering unto God those things that are God's, and otherwise being apolitical and shutting the fuck up, like in the good old days before Reagan's rise to the White House. It's not like it would be a great loss. The only thing conservative Christian politicians have demonstrated any aptitude for is drafting and passing state legislation that goes down in flames in the federal courts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi Arabia: how did the U.K agree to sign weapon deals with it? WinterHold 6 1116 March 12, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Do you agree or disagree with this phrase about those who serve in the Millitary? NuclearEnergy 33 4403 October 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Why do Trump supporters pretend to be so shocked people don't agree with them NuclearEnergy 4 1953 June 17, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Agree/Disagree: is nationalism bad NuclearEnergy 10 2252 December 26, 2016 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Tongue Evangelicals and atheists agree.... Arkilogue 6 818 October 11, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Gotta Agree With The Satanists Here. Minimalist 0 403 April 28, 2016 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Can't Agree, Mr. President Minimalist 7 907 March 16, 2016 at 5:09 am
Last Post: abaris
  I completely agree. Minimalist 13 3544 December 2, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  Even conservatives agree: Fox News makes you stupid TaraJo 3 2051 December 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  I don't agree with everything this man does. downbeatplumb 10 2760 December 7, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope