Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah Texas. I expect nothing less.
Ah Texas. I expect nothing less.
Sorry Texans. 9 yr old girl yanked from class for hair do. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

http://www.kcentv.com/story/31869713/sch...change-hai

School site: http://www.bisd.net/tarver
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Ah Texas. I expect nothing less.
It's Texas, they don't want black kids in schools anyway.
Lucky kid, just won the lottery.

Unfortunately, her classmates are going to feel the cut backs needed to pay the judgment.

Too bad school admins aren't either required to carry professional insurance, or are personally responsible.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: It's Texas, they don't want black kids in schools anyway.

Of course they do. From their site: "TARVER ELEMENTARY is a Title I, Part A school-wide campus and implements the activities associated with the No Child Left Behind legislation.   The purpose of Title I, Part A resources is to ensurethat all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards.  Title I funds are provided to schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families."  (bold mine)

They just want them all to look like a good Texan (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What an adorable child. It must take a right cruel shitbox of a school to make this wee girl feel bad about herself.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I knew before I clicked it would be a black girl getting shit for her hair. That says everything we need to know. This isn't a one-off, it's a phenomenon.

Her hair looks fine too, it's clean and neatly styled. Looks a lot better than some of these other kids (of all races) who get sent to school with greasy matted hair that hasn't been washed for days. The teachers don't comment on that neglect when it happens though.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Do we even need texas apart of the US? can we just cut off the infected states like diseased limbs now?
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Her hair looks cute, as does she. I see this style (the multiple ponytails) is very popular right now. It is fairly easy for the parent to do, and is comfy and neat for the child. (I see kids of ALL races use a similar tyle, btw, so why is it only the black kid that gets in trouble for it?)

Of course it's a black kid. Poor little dear, she hates her own hair, how sad is that??
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(May 6, 2016 at 10:43 am)dyresand Wrote: Do we even need texas apart of the US? can we just cut off the infected states like diseased limbs now?

I say we invade and then send all the 'Murca assholes over to Syria to fight ISIS.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(May 6, 2016 at 10:43 am)dyresand Wrote: Do we even need texas apart of the US? can we just cut off the infected states like diseased limbs now?

How about we build a big fucking wall?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Less than half of England and Wales population Christian, Census 2021 shows Duty 28 1573 December 3, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 5854 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 900 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  NRA files chpter11 in NY in order to flee to Texas. Brian37 14 1119 January 16, 2021 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump Train runs Biden Bus out of Texas! WinterHold 18 1280 November 2, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Texas, NOW this is encouraging. Brian37 3 231 November 1, 2020 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Less Cops = ? onlinebiker 86 3077 September 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Today in "Sell More And Do Nothing" Brian37 77 4485 April 12, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Shultz knows nothing, hears nothing, sees.... Brian37 22 1273 January 31, 2019 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  This year in "sell more and do nothing" Brian37 19 1434 January 24, 2019 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37