Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:07 am

Poll: Random Poll
This poll is closed.
Random Answer #1
42.86%
6 42.86%
Random Answer #2
57.14%
8 57.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users
Rainbow 
A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users
Say whatever random thing pops into your mind.

(Just don't admit to criminal activity, that might get awkward fast)

Here's a little bonus. I'm going to have you choose a poll option before you actually read what the options are about, which I'm going to explain between spoiler tags below. This is an experiment to check if your subconscious can figure shit out without you even knowing it.

Well, just in case you missed it, I'll say it again: Don't read what's beneath the spoiler tags before you actually vote. That's the whole point of this thing. I promise you, I'm not making fun of you or something like that and it's not a trick question but it is a yes/no one, it's simple, if significant, I'm pretty sure they can describe everyone by themselves, and it would take all the fun out of it if you cheated. So don't. Just trust me.

RE: A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users
Yeeee, and I actually am happy right now

[Image: tumblr_inline_o6i8ni2xei1tjcqhk_500.gif]
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(May 15, 2016 at 3:13 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Yeeee, and I actually am happy right now

[Image: tumblr_inline_o6i8ni2xei1tjcqhk_500.gif]

I'm kind of sad I can't vote, makes me mad someone else didn't come up with this poll before me.
Well, I didn't read the damn spoiler tags and clicked the wrong thing.
(May 15, 2016 at 2:48 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: [...]Here's a little bonus. I'm going to have you choose a poll option before you actually read what the options are about, which I'm going to explain between spoiler tags below. This is an experiment to check if your subconscious can figure shit out without you even knowing it.[...]

Uhm... How does subconscious play into this?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(May 15, 2016 at 4:46 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(May 15, 2016 at 2:48 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: [...]Here's a little bonus. I'm going to have you choose a poll option before you actually read what the options are about, which I'm going to explain between spoiler tags below. This is an experiment to check if your subconscious can figure shit out without you even knowing it.[...]

Uhm... How does subconscious play into this?

How do I know?

EP
I'm intrigued, there's a purely 50-50 chance of me choosing either of the poll option, so how does subconscious play into this?
I don't see anything about this that qualifies it as 'an experiment'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 15, 2016 at 5:13 am)pool the great Wrote: I'm intrigued, there's a purely 50-50 chance of me choosing either of the poll option, so how does subconscious play into this?

Good question. I think our minds sometimes pick on things that we don't consciously notice, and then those details help us make decisions - for example when your intuition tells you to do something, or you correctly predict something just by "feeling" it.
(May 15, 2016 at 5:23 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(May 15, 2016 at 5:13 am)pool the great Wrote: I'm intrigued, there's a purely 50-50 chance of me choosing either of the poll option, so how does subconscious play into this?

Good question. I think our minds sometimes pick on things that we don't consciously notice, and then those details help us make decisions - for example when your intuition tells you to do something, or you correctly predict something just by "feeling" it.

But there are no 'details' to pick up on, just two identical poll options.  I decline to play, but good luck and thank your mother for the chicken soup.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 310 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Internet Utopia Ahriman 71 5079 October 7, 2021 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sad about report from the vet arewethereyet 10 501 April 23, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 800 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 798 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4044 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Sad. Minimalist 32 2241 September 23, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2651 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 2578 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Kind of sad. Foxaèr 6 1405 May 1, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet