Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what I think God is
This is what I think God is
God is mathematics as the Gnostics say. God is the quantum probabilities and fractal geometries that create synchronicities. From the concept of synchronicity you can go into things like the works of Carl Jung.
That's just my two cents.
RE: This is what I think God is
The word 'god', which has yet to be adequately defined, generally refers to an "intelligent" cause.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
It's not worth 2 cents.
(May 28, 2016 at 11:15 am)LastPoet Wrote: It's not worth 2 cents.

Not even with inflation.
This is what I think a troll is. 1 post with a e mail as their name.

Hate to tell you this bud, seen this script before. Theists like to try to peal a calf from the herd and make their arguments in private where nobody else can see it. It can work on laypersons who are new to skepticism. But it doesn't work when you have multiple well educated skeptics all viewing the arguments at the same time.
(May 28, 2016 at 11:01 am)[email protected] Wrote: God is mathematics as the Gnostics say. God is the quantum probabilities and fractal geometries that create synchronicities. From the concept of synchronicity you can go into things like the works of Carl Jung.
That's just my two cents.

Don't fucking... ugh. Dodgy

I know this sort of vague deepity appeals, but do not attempt to characterize it as part of any extant religious tradition, that's just an attempt to slip your religious claims in secretly under the guise of a mundane claim. The Gnostics, for example, do not believe that god is mathematics, and in fact believe in a dualistic system with at least two creative forces, at least one of which is conscious and a being, not just an abstract concept. If you're appealing to what the Gnostics say, maybe a google search is in order before you do that?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
This is what I think all god claims are........ " .......................... " What? Didn't see anything? Neither do we. Get a clue bud.

You are not the only religion to pull these tactics. Every major religion, when they cant flat out debunk science, will resort to trying to co opt science. The problem for Christians and Muslims and Jews and Buddhists and Hindus, and all others, is that scientific method is not a religion itself, it is a tool, a neutral process. It does not prop up the bible, or Quran or Jewish OT or the Hindu Baghavad Gitas or Vedas, or Buddha. Scientific method is completely religion independent.
(May 28, 2016 at 11:29 am)Brian37 Wrote: This is what I think all god claims are........ "  ..........................                   " What? Didn't see anything? Neither do we. Get a clue bud.

You are not the only religion to pull these tactics. Every major religion, when they cant flat out debunk science, will resort to trying to co opt science. The problem for Christians and Muslims and Jews and Buddhists and Hindus, and all others, is that scientific method is not a religion itself, it is a tool, a neutral process. It does not prop up the bible, or Quran or Jewish OT or the Hindu Baghavad Gitas or Vedas, or Buddha. Scientific method is completely religion independent.

I am not here to convince anyone of anything. I want my beliefs to be criticized. Tell me what is illogical about thinking this way. I have yet to find anything convincing so far.
'Thou shalt have no other Quantum Probabilities before me, for I am a jealous Fractal Geometry.'

Nah, doesn't really work.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I love it when some of the best posters respond to oblivious newbs. Feels like a shark tank.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3544 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Ascribing remarkable experiences to God (spoiler: I think it's unwarranted) GrandizerII 2 708 December 5, 2017 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What do you think of this argument for God? SuperSentient 140 19075 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19480 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  The theory of god! I don't think so. ignoramus 9 2991 August 5, 2014 at 9:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus