Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe too soon, but it must be stated.
Maybe too soon, but it must be stated.
I understand the importance of stating positive encouragements toward one who is suffering through something about which very few know little.

I have been in the darkness too many times to count. It is a daily struggle for me. I have not been suicidal in a long time, but that is me. I am not everyone else, and everyone else is not me.

I am well aware of what the struggle entails, how it affects the mind.

Robin Williams, for example, was the type of individual who hid behind a mask of happiness for the sake of others. Behind that mask, he was in the kind of pain that could not be alleviated by the mask any more than it could be alleviated by people around him.

Sometimes, it is not about us. Rather, it is about them, and how they are suffering. I am speaking from a place of absolute personal experience and understanding.

Sometimes, they are not meant to be saved by us. Rather, sometimes, we must let them go for their sake.

I only know that we sometimes envision such a humanistic nature in ourselves that it overshadows the true human thing to do; if you love someone, you must set that person free.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Maybe too soon, but it must be stated.
I don't know that letting go is the "true human" thing to do when someone is feeling so alienated as to be suicidal ... but thanks for your opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 401 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  I Beleive... I Must Be A Racist! N0RT0N 49 3098 July 25, 2020 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Maybe it is time for an update? Brian37 17 909 July 15, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Maybe Vaping isn't a great idea. onlinebiker 9 1131 September 1, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Strangers are people too Godscreated 12 944 December 20, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I’m too old for this shit! J a c k 42 3048 September 26, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Maybe the Shit should hit the Fan fromdownunder 2 527 September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am
  I did it and you should too. Brian37 41 4025 August 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm
  I think This Can Be Stated Easier Minimalist 6 508 August 20, 2018 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1155 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda