Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strangers are people too
Strangers are people too
Christmas is a week away so it's time for my yearly thing. Merry Christmas to all, yes even the nonbelievers. This season can be for all, it's a time we all can share our love and cares for others. Giving is the greatest thing we can do for others, that is giving of ourselves, especially those we do not know or we even consider an enemy. For what have we done if we only share with those we love, isn't the greater good to share with those who need our love, who should see who we really are by helping those we might find distasteful or down right mean. Helping strangers who are down on their luck, every town and city has many such people, yes some of them will take advantage of this time of year most are standing on a corner holding a sign playing on you heart string just so they can get their next bottle or fix, but even those people can be helped, keep your money in your pocket and give them a bit of food, you'll be doing them a better turn in their lives. No one is out of reach if we'll just use our heads and be creative in the way we give as long as it's from the heart. So once again I say Merry Christmas to all and I hope you have a prosperous New Year filled with happiness and well being.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
RE: Strangers are people too
Merry Christmas GC.

Peace on Earth, goodwill to men is more then sufficient reason for me to enjoy the holiday and the season. Your post calls to mind the promise of Dickens' Scrooge to honor Christmas in his heart and keep it the entire year. Perhaps equally important to charitable generosity is to be charitable in our engagement with our fellow travellers in life, treating each with dignity and fairness.
Thank you, GC, very nice thoughts.  All the best of the season to you and yours.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Merry christmas, gc.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
I'm not going to wish you a Merry Christmas because you just got done with a fly-by insult of a bunch of people for their reaction to your nonsense. You need to be respectful at other times than special occasions or don't expect to be respected on those special occasions.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Happy holidays/Happy Hanukkah (if that's still going)/Happy Christmas to all
Greetings for the Winter Solstice season and best wishes for 2019! Santa
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
If they're stranger than me you might want to stay well clear.
Have a Saturnalian Winter Solstice, one and all!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Merry Christmas, GC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 407 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1007 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  I’m too old for this shit! J a c k 42 3053 September 26, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I did it and you should too. Brian37 41 4049 August 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1160 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Is it too early to start drinking? Gawdzilla Sama 13 1442 July 22, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Too sexy for my computer Foxaèr 40 8096 May 13, 2018 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2416 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I'm too old for this shit WinterHold 31 4984 October 22, 2017 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Do You Do When Life Is Too Much? Seraphina 37 4050 March 13, 2017 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie