Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:43 am

Poll: I am curious to know
This poll is closed.
Would you change your mind about God and start believing.
0%
0 0%
Would you believe them but you wouldn't change your mind anyway.
0%
0 0%
Would you think that they had an hallucination so no you still wouldn't believe in God.
100.00%
50 100.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Curious to know
Curious to know
Suppose some respected member of this forum had an NDE.
After that they come back here on the forum telling that God exist.
Would you believe them and give up atheism or no thinking that they just had
some sort of hallucination?  Shy
RE: Curious to know
I would believe they had a NDE. If they concluded that this somehow proved a God exists, I wouldn't consider this anecdote credible evidence of that conclusion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Pretty sure the only people who have an nde, and come back talking about heaven, are religious people. Show me a story where a theist converts to a different religion because of an nde.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I would be very worried about their mental health LR. And no, it doesn't prove anything. Have you ever tried Lysergic Acid Diethilamide?
Moderator Notice
Merged double thread
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
NDEs are hallucinations, so the poll options are a bit limited.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(June 19, 2016 at 10:25 am)Chad32 Wrote: Pretty sure the only people who have an nde, and come back talking about heaven, are religious people. Show me a story where a theist converts to a different religion because of an nde.

100% wrong brother.
If you go through the hundreds of NDEs you will find countless of ex non believers and atheists that had absolutely nothing with religions.
By the way you are not answering the question or making a comment about yes or not.  Rolleyes
If I came on here saying I have some sort of proof of God, but I provided no verifiable evidence, I would want everyone not to believe me (in my current state of mind).

Index of my best videos
(June 19, 2016 at 10:27 am)Losty Wrote:
Moderator Notice
Merged double thread

Sorry for that.
I never posted a poll so I wasn't sure how to do it properly.  Rolleyes
(June 19, 2016 at 10:31 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 19, 2016 at 10:25 am)Chad32 Wrote: Pretty sure the only people who have an nde, and come back talking about heaven, are religious people. Show me a story where a theist converts to a different religion because of an nde.

100% wrong brother.
If you go through the hundreds of NDEs you will find countless of ex non believers and atheists that had absolutely nothing with religions.
By the way you are not answering the question or making a comment about yes or not.  Rolleyes

I'm actually surprised by that. And no, I wouldn't care. The brain does crazy things when it's dying, and I figure the "I saw heaven" stories were just because that's where the thoughts went to when the brain was malfunctioning.

This kind of falls into the category of people converting because they're in some sort of vulnerable position in life. Very rarely do you have people living happy, independent lives, convert to religion. Unless it's a very liberal form of religion, or they just say they're religious to get people to leave them alone.

Other people having experiences is not something that would convince me to convert. The all knowing, all powerful, and all present being in the sky knows how to get me on his side, if he wants a relationship with me so badly.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The curious case of Sarah Salviander. Jehanne 24 6229 December 27, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Curious about sneezing lol mlmooney89 29 4722 June 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  Curious question of curiosity. Spooky 44 5526 November 14, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Spooky
Lightbulb Just Curious Just-A-Curious-Girl 84 17416 August 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman