Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious about sneezing lol
Curious about sneezing lol
Alright I'm bored and really really tired of gun debates on here so let's talk about something trivial and silly. Sneezing. We all know it is pretty common to say bless you when someone does. (which the whole reason that started is hilarious and outdated for today's use) Do y'all say it just out of habit? Do you just say thank you when someone else says it? I personally say thank you quietly but refuse to say bless you to others. One because I think the whole process is childish and two because we don't say anything for coughs or hiccups or farting lol why do sneezes get special treatment? lol rhetorical question since I know the history behind them. The funny part is out of habit I actually still tell my dog and small children bless you when they sneeze.
RE: Curious about sneezing lol
I think it's pretty dumb regardless, but I do it anyway sometimes and I think it's cute when people say it to me Smile I see it as harmless.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I usually find myself saying "cover your mouth!"

My wife has these enormous sneezing fits.  After 3 or 4 I usually say "Jesus fucking christ you're going to hurt yourself."
Blow Jesus out your nose!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
She's as bad as me when it comes to this jesus shit.
I always get, "Did you just sneeze all over my food?"

I might as well, if I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway Tongue

When our doggy gets over excited before a walk, she starts sneezing! Silly dope Big Grin

Index of my best videos
I say "bless you" sometimes, out of habit. I sometimes say "salud", too.

I get those sneezing fits too, I just tell the "blessers" to not worry, they'll be there all day.

Salud!
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Yep, I say "bless you" out of knee jerk reaction. Then I add "said the ATHEIST". If they don't know me it creates a second look.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't usually say it. Even before I was an atheist I didn't understand why people need to be "blessed" for sneezing. I do thank them if they say it to me though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The curious case of Sarah Salviander. Jehanne 24 6137 December 27, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  LOL, wonder if that was a mistake? vorlon13 11 1614 November 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Curious to know Little Rik 249 23214 July 3, 2016 at 6:13 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Angry parents over "Islam Homework" LOL??? GoHalos1993 41 8846 December 19, 2015 at 5:20 am
Last Post: abaris
  Curious question of curiosity. Spooky 44 5453 November 14, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Spooky
Lightbulb Just Curious Just-A-Curious-Girl 84 17121 August 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman