Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas looks to follow UK's example
Texas looks to follow UK's example
You know it's bad when Texas wants to copy you:

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Britain's startling vote to leave the European Union has reignited talks of secession in Texas, CBS Dallas-Fort Worth reported.

Daniel Miller, head of the Texas Nationalist Movement, sent a tweet to Gov. Greg About Friday morning calling on him to schedule a statewide referendum on "Texas independence."

Good Morning @GregAbbott_TX Its a great day to schedule a referendum on Texas Independence!https://t.co/u0U3aSHvOXpic.twitter.com/zLQTsNxjvY

Source

I'd say fuck off and leave, but I'm worried about this spreading to my own state.
RE: Texas looks to follow UK's example
It'll never happen.

Maybe we could let them have a few counties down south just to get rid of the troublemakers? 

Then build a great big fucking wall to keep them away from us.  With land mines.
(June 26, 2016 at 12:11 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: It'll never happen.

Didn't they say the same thing about the UK leaving the EU?

California wants to do it, too. Which is a bit more surprising to me than Texas.
(June 26, 2016 at 12:16 am)Ayen Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 12:11 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: It'll never happen.

Didn't they say the same thing about the UK leaving the EU?

California wants to do it, too. Which is a bit more surprising to me than Texas.

We have a precedent for secessionist states. It is not up for vote.

You're comparing apples and bowling balls.

That's good to hear, actually.

Ignorant American is ignorant.
Surely if the majority want independence, America should give them independence?

Good luck Texas!
Although, the schadenfreude would be palpable to see Lockheed Martin, NASA, all the tech industries and major employers, and all of the moderate Americans roll out of Texas if they were able to secede.

Then watch that State out-Conservative Kansas and drive itself into bankruptcy.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 26, 2016 at 12:23 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Surely if the majority want independence, America should give them independence?

Good luck Texas!

Quit trolling. You're acting like the child you are. Dodgy
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 26, 2016 at 12:28 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 12:23 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Surely if the majority want independence, America should give them independence?

Good luck Texas!

Quit trolling. You're acting like the child you are. :dodgy:

Aww, you're too kind!

But nobody is trolling here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4131 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 10572 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 928 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked Minimalist 53 5937 June 14, 2018 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Looks Like The Bromance Is Over Minimalist 31 2115 June 5, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So This Is An Example Of What Democrats Are Supposed To Engage Minimalist 11 1742 November 9, 2017 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Looks like the NRA is at it again NuclearEnergy 46 7846 August 7, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Looks like our so called president is creating more enemries NuclearEnergy 5 1304 June 18, 2017 at 9:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily TheRealJoeFish 30 7511 May 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Looks Like The Russkis Regret Their Choice Minimalist 24 7244 April 19, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist