Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexico - desecration of indigenous heritage site
Mexico - desecration of indigenous heritage site
Religious bigotry in Mexico;

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/06/....html?_r=0

Another article in Spanish showing pictures of the destruction.
http://regeneracion.mx/testigos-de-jehov...rio-otomi/

An ancient Pre-Colombian site was desecrated by people claiming the Jehovah's Witness faith (allegedly) because of it's idolatry, which they appeared to disagree with.

It's said to not be a big or particularly important site, but I think that's besides the point. It's still violence and further desecration of indigenous heritage, in a country which has already had several centuries of such attempted cultural genocide.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Mexico - desecration of indigenous heritage site
I hope they find out who did it and prosecute them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
That's the First Commandment in action. Move into an area, steal the land, and destroy the inhabitant's religious artifacts.
Aren't Jehovah Witnesses supposed to be anti war and violence? Like conscientious objector types. Didn't Mr. Hitler put them in the camps for just that reason? Just something I heard somewhere.

I thought Christians were supposed to be better than al-Saud's henchmen. I guess not. Palmyra was shocking and I'd hate to see a repeat.

Jehovahs Witnesses using ISIS tactics. Huh..
I bet Drumpf did it.
(July 1, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I bet Drumpf did it.
delete, duplicate
(July 1, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I bet Drumpf did it.
It's Obama's fault.
[img [Image: bb835db065a34557b51e4b2d4eded9068c5d5c18...080ae7.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russian ransomware site... brewer 1 238 July 13, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 917 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mexico City devastated in 7+ quake vorlon13 45 7706 September 20, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  MASSIVE Quake strikes off coast of Mexico/Guatemala vorlon13 8 1891 September 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6917 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Trump orders wall to be built on Mexico border account_inactive 332 26900 February 1, 2017 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ford cancels plans to build in Mexico, will invest in Michigan Napoléon 43 5945 January 10, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Mother and son in New Mexico face jail time for incestuous relationship c172 201 16517 August 12, 2016 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Wink Arkansas governor's website redirected to LGBT site Aoi Magi 7 1194 August 3, 2015 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13