Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexico City devastated in 7+ quake
Mexico City devastated in 7+ quake
Just on the news, building facades raining debris all over the city, dust clouds rising from the wreckage,
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Mexico City devestated in 7+ quake
Just that one picture, showing plumes of dust rising all over the city is confirmation this is a serious quake.

I'm trying to get the picture.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Twitter reports 7.4, CNN has 7.1. 75 or so miles south of MXC.

https://twitter.com/BreakingNNow/status/...6575281152
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Traffic grid locking everywhere.

People fleeing buildings into streets.

Glass/concrete raining from buildings.

Gas leaks.

Power failures.

No pictures from epicenter area.

Not good at all, Mexico City is largely built on landfill and liquefaction will be a major factor, drawing out the length of time the buildings are subject to stress.

Amazing how much video has come out so quickly.

View from hirise building of dust rising from all over the city is shocking.

video of dust rising from building damage:

https://twitter.com/dlprager/status/910213018566328320

RE: Mexico City devastated in 7+ quake
They said its the 32nd anniversary of another bad quake.

Hope they've beefed up building standards.

(September 19, 2017 at 3:16 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Hope they've beefed up building standards.

They have, but there are still a lot of old buildings in Mexico, and I have little doubt at least some cheating is going on in new construction.
Another quake? They had one happen right around the time of Harvey or Irma, IIRC. And that was an 8 on the scale. What the hell is going on with this part of the world recently?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 917 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tornado Strikes Ottawa Many Homes Destroyed Massive Blackout Across The City Amarok 19 2117 September 24, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Baltimore poised to become first major city to ban privatization of water Aegon 9 687 August 8, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  City College Holds "Active Shooter Drill" Rhondazvous 9 1430 April 3, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  MASSIVE Quake strikes off coast of Mexico/Guatemala vorlon13 8 1891 September 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6917 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Funeral For Quebec City Victims Amarok 2 667 February 3, 2017 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Trump orders wall to be built on Mexico border account_inactive 332 26883 February 1, 2017 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ford cancels plans to build in Mexico, will invest in Michigan Napoléon 43 5919 January 10, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I'm Sure Drumpf Is Devastated and Tillerson Minimalist 7 1019 December 19, 2016 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K