Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall
Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/busted-l...nts=disqus

Quote:Leaked transcript shows Trump begged Mexican prez to stop saying he’d never pay for the wall

Quote:One of President Donald Trump’s most famous campaign pledges from the 2016 election was to force the Mexican government to pay for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

However, a leaked transcript of a phone call between Trump and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto obtained by the Washington Post shows that Trump understood that he would never get Mexico to fully pay for the wall — but he nonetheless begged his Mexican counterpart to stop saying so publicly.

Lucky for the WLB that his supporters are such dolts that they believe anything he says..... for now.
RE: Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall
If I were president Nieto, I would continue to say Mexico will not pay for the wall. It's hard for me to believe anybody really thought they would.
Really? 

[Image: JVvuR1O.png]

You've got to pay attention!
Ah ha hs ha good point!
I don't think anybody has to pat for a wall. Trump is making America so unpopular worldwide that nobody wants to go there anyway.

It's like us with Brexit thinking that immigration is a problem; nobody wants to come from the EU to help us now.

We can both slowly strangle in an irrelevant isolationism and become irrelevant on the world stage.

Empires wain, I think the USA one is waining, just like ours did so many years ago.

Just make sure we both make good rock music though.
I don't have a problem with isolationism, which is not getting involved in foreign affairs needlessly. I think my country should mind its own fucking business.

I do have a problem with the xenophobia which helped elect the Shitgibbon. Illegal immigration bothers me, in the sense that I'd like the folks who move here abide the laws we have here. But legal immigration? That has historically been a major factor in America's strength: having hard-working sonsabitches trying to carve their own path and make a dime or three coming here and while making their own lives better make life better for the rest of us.

It's easy to get Mexico to pay for the wall if you're willing to do what it takes to make them pay.  Of course such action will also cost the US a lot, more than the cost of the wall itself but it's the principle of the thing.

Simply break diplomatic relations with Mexico and forbid all exports, imports, and travel between the countries.  We will lose a lot of food (Tequila, Twinkies and fruit) and manufactured imports (cars and air conditioners).  The airlines and cruise ship operators will lose business.  And we could forcibly expel all Mexican citizens.  But we had such a system in place against Cuba for decades.  

The easiest way to get Mexico to pay for the wall is to simply stop giving them tens of $millions in foreign aid each year until the wall is paid off.

You can always do anything you want to if you have the guts to do it and are willing to pay the price.
(August 5, 2017 at 8:05 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: It's easy to get Mexico to pay for the wall if you're willing to do what it takes to make them pay.  Of course such action will also cost the US a lot, more than the cost of the wall itself but it's the principle of the thing.

Simply break diplomatic relations with Mexico and forbid all exports, imports, and travel between the countries.  We will lose a lot of food (Tequila, Twinkies and fruit) and manufactured imports (cars and air conditioners).  The airlines and cruise ship operators will lose business.  And we could forcibly expel all Mexican citizens.  But we had such a system in place against Cuba for decades.  

The easiest way to get Mexico to pay for the wall is to simply stop giving them tens of $millions in foreign aid each year until the wall is paid off.

You can always do anything you want to if you have the guts to do it and are willing to pay the price.

You might want to consider the Law of Unintended Consequences. Without aid, can they stop the narcotraficantes? Who is it, you think, who is smuggling people as well as drugs? And when Mexico's exports fall because of your recommended embargo, what do you think will happen to those Volkswagen factories? And more to the point, what do you think will happen when those people realize they're jobless?

Banning travel between the two countries will surely raise food prices in our own, based on either higher labor costs, or reduced supply.

To hell with a wall. I say tell them, come here, check in for a photo and a fingerprint set, here's a taxpayer ID number, and get your ass to work.

You suggestion is a matter of the nation cutting off its nose to spite its face.

(August 3, 2017 at 2:40 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: If I were president Nieto, I would continue to say Mexico will not pay for the wall. It's hard for me to believe anybody really thought they would.

Seriously, is there a single Mexican politician who has said they would even consider supporting it?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
You lot could fix all of this by giving Mexico statehood.  No need to thank me - problem solving via unrealistic, simplistic non-solutions is what I'm here for.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Poison Yourself By Protecting Yourself From Something That Isn't Poisonous BrianSoddingBoru4 4 364 December 18, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre. Brian37 8 533 May 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  They’re All Fucking Short-Bus People brewer 20 1205 May 21, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 893 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 408 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Donald Trump Jr. compares border wall to zoo fences that hold animals WinterHold 3 274 January 10, 2019 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 430 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jesus Fucking Christ....Florida Got Hammered! Minimalist 30 1405 October 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Nakara
  The Orange Fucktard Isn't The Only One Minimalist 0 213 August 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4485 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama