Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to rant to other atheists
I need to rant to other atheists
This is just for me to rant to people that aren't Christian. You can ignore me and my petty irritations. The bank I work at just got bought out. We have heard wonderful things about the new people and the new bank. I mean just talking it up this was gunna be wonderful... then I saw their brochure. God this and god that and we are faith based yadda yadda ya. My fiancé is just like well it's their company and they can do as they want. Yes I know and I support businesses that want to do that. I am all for Hobby Lobby and Chick-fil-a doing what they do saying well don't work there if you know it is a Christian company. But I just got blindsided! I have worked here for years and now all of a sudden I have to be under the motto of putting God first. Fuck that, I didn't sign up for this shit. >.> Angry
RE: I need to rant to other atheists
Am I right here that the bible is like the quran in prohibiting charging interest ??

If so, and they do anyhow, you need to realize you are working for scripture cherry picking slacker christians.

Might as well stay on at the bank, after we are all dead, they are going to be in hell with us too . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

"In God We Trust"?

Sorry. What do you do at the bank?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
My condolences, that sounds very annoying Sad

At least they won't have to pay any security staff or lock the doors now that god is looking after the place.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 30, 2016 at 11:57 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Am I right here that the bible is like the quran in prohibiting charging interest ??

If so, and they do anyhow, you need to realize you are working for scripture cherry picking slacker christians.

Might as well stay on at the bank, after we are all dead, they are going to be in hell with us too . . . .

lol that is a small consolation prize.

(June 30, 2016 at 12:06 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: "In God We Trust"?

Sorry. What do you do at the bank?

Lol don't get me started on that motto. This is a little closer to home. I do two different things; I'm a CSR so I open accounts and I'm the Teller supervisor so I'm nothing big or important, just another pawn.
I worked at a place that named named failed SCOTUS nominee Bork to their board of directors. I was really pissed, but stayed on. He was just a figurehead following a governmental investigation for some gross financial irregularities but it was still galling to me he was on the paperwork.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Christianity has a long tradition of injecting their god into things where it doesn't need to be.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 30, 2016 at 11:57 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Am I right here that the bible is like the quran in prohibiting charging interest ??

Yes and it is (partly) the reason for Xians animosity against the jews. You see the jews could charge interest and so became the bankers of Europe of the middle ages making them wealthy, which got up the nose of normal Xians and more notably the rulers who were being outspent by lesser individuals and Christ murderers too! and so the trouble started. Most successfully in tolerant Britain who expelled all their jews, who only returned with Oliver Cromwell.http://quatr.us/religion/jews/middleages.htm

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 30, 2016 at 12:10 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I worked at a place that named named failed SCOTUS nominee Bork to their board of directors.  I was really pissed, but stayed on.  He was just a figurehead following  a governmental investigation for some gross financial irregularities but it was still galling to me he was on the paperwork.

That's the thing, I know it shouldn't really hinder my life much it's just so frustrating that now I'm once more under that kind of guidance. The thing that might make me quit isn't religion related at all. We might actually hafta sell shit and make quotas (which I have NEVER done at this job and refuse to do) so if that rumor is true I'm outta here. I'm just angry right now since I just saw the brochure. I reckon I will calm down. I'm glad I have yall to talk to since all my coworkers just rolled their eyes at me.
(June 30, 2016 at 12:08 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Lol don't get me started on that motto. This is a little closer to home. I do two different things; I'm a CSR so I open accounts and I'm the Teller supervisor so I'm nothing big or important, just another pawn.

You're in charge of Corporate Social Responsibility. I'm impressed. What is your next social enactment that you'll put in place? Toasters for all?

Edit: Put big WWJD posters in all loan officer offices.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3808 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Santa and Other Lies to the Kids mlmooney89 25 2653 August 27, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2203 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14355 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Jeff Sparrow on the need to save ourselves from the sickishness of the New Atheists Whateverist 62 8554 March 21, 2016 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  God is Dead Rant ManMadeGod 5 1813 December 14, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: ManMadeGod
  Why can't we just be "excellent" to each other? thool 32 6023 December 5, 2015 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Is the Atheism/Theism belief/disbelief a false dichotomy? are there other options? Psychonaut 69 14476 October 5, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Why Some Atheists Reject Morality: The Other Side of the Coin Rhondazvous 20 5207 June 27, 2015 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  My follow up to my other thread... Won2blv 31 5999 May 27, 2015 at 5:08 am
Last Post: robvalue