Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, shit.
Well, shit.
I think I've been entertaining people's delusions (this has nothing to do with religion at all, but could be a side effect of it) today, and that my girlfriend is a psycho who've been manipulating me for the past six months.
RE: Well, shit.
Oh my god, really? Sad That's hideous. I've been the subject of manipulation by my father and it took me a long time to realise it, so I understand.

Would you like to share any specifics?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I met her back in December online and we bonded. She's a 32 year old who acts like a 16 year old and interprets people trying to help her as mean spirited people. She used a lot of emotional manipulation on me in the past six months while trying to claim it wasn't emotional manipulation. She didn't want me to go back to the site I left despite being the one we met on and thought it would harm our relationship. Once I came back she stopped posting on there entirely and only posts through PMs, or blogs, and shit. She did admit to having a history of mental illness in her family and believes she gets it from her father who sounds just as crazy as she does.

The scary thing was this shit was starting to affect me. Luckily, the sane members on the forum was able to reel me back, but only because I was smart enough to approach them and talk about it.

For fuck sake I thought a simple doorbell was going to be a guy standing outside with a gun. It was just my fucking mom.
Oh blimey Sad

I'm very sorry to hear that. Yes, it sounds like she has a lot of issues which she needs help with. They're not her fault probably, but certainly not yours either.

I'm glad you have seen what is going on. All you can do I think is encourage her to get support, or else cut yourself off if her influence is too harmful to you.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I think I'm just letting my imagination run away with me. A lot of the things I've posted today would be 'conspiracy theories' when applied to reality, but in fiction? People wouldn't think anything of it and just think, "Oh, that was very clever how it was all explained." I'm learning you truly can come up with anything and then break it down to a science, but that doesn't mean it's true for real life. It can be, thus that is what we call a 'coincidence.' It doesn't mean you proved anything.

I just need to learn how to put up walls in my brain so I don't overlap and cross the bridge to insanity. So, I'll ask, how do scientists prove things to be fact and how much evidence is needed to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt?
It's just my personal experience, but anyone who continuously tries to push boundaries or outright violates them all together need not be a part of your life. If they are constantly trying to make you feel guilty, second-guess yourself or control you, you need to distance yourself from them as it's not a healthy relationship to be in.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Based on the little information you've given, sounds like she incorporated you into her paranoid delusion(s). It's not that uncommon when dealing with a paranoid. Attempts to help are twisted into attacks because they don't support the delusion that they hold as true. 

Continue to ask for evidence. I think you'll find that her evidence, taken out of the delusion, is not evidence at all but the product of an illness. Like you said, a doorbell ringing turned out to be just a doorbell ringing. Would a psycho killer bother with ringing the bell?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Had a couple of relationships like that. There is the horndog part of me the blinds me off seeing how my partner acts and when I take notice, it is usually too late to correct. The only option is a breakup. Shit, had a GF that even menaced to suicide. WTF? I am hot, not hot enough to die for. Still did it and she is still alive and moved with her life. Good.
(July 3, 2016 at 9:28 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Based on the little information you've given, sounds like she incorporated you into her paranoid delusion(s). It's not that uncommon when dealing with a paranoid. Attempts to help are twisted into attacks because they don't support the delusion that they hold as true. 

Continue to ask for evidence. I think you'll find that her evidence, taken out of the delusion, is not evidence at all but the product of an illness. Like you said, a doorbell ringing turned out to be just a doorbell ringing. Would a psycho killer bother with ringing the bell?

This is so spot on. I asked her a simple question today and she completely went on the defensive. She honestly thinks the people on the site we're on hero worships me. That couldn't be a bigger dose of absolute bullshit.

And for those wondering why I haven't gone through with the breakup yet, I'm waiting to see if she'll do all the work for me. Maybe the realization she ruined it for herself will help her get her shit together. I CAN BE OCD AS FUCK TOO, BITCH!
Tell her to fuck off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 4926 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Well, color me smeckledorfed! no one 4 641 December 31, 2021 at 8:57 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 911 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1913 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1126 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Well I'm off to Devon Cod 26 3469 August 4, 2019 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Cod
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5603 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2031 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
  I’m too old for this shit! J a c k 42 2961 September 26, 2018 at 10:34 am
  Maybe the Shit should hit the Fan fromdownunder 2 525 September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am