Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic trick goes wrong: Hand impaled!
Video 
Magic trick goes wrong: Hand impaled!
[Image: 8v9sazX.png]

The video is not necessarily for the faint of heart (you have been warned). The magician is Marcin Połoniewicz, a semi finalist in Poland's Got Talent. Live on Polish TV the trick goes wrong and the asshole impales the TV presenter's hand on the spike you see pictured above. It's not a serious injury, just painful and superficial.

Now why do I bring this up? Well this is a commercial trick created by a magician named Jon Allen called "The Pain Game", and here is his performance of it on Penn & Teller Fool Us (starts at 11:25):

https://blog.aractus.com/videos/jon-allen-fool-us.mp4

That video is streamed directly from my blog!! YAY!

And here it is used on American TV by other magicians:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpeX30Dej_4

They have dressed it up quite differently by having the bags already set up before the trick begins, but it's Allen's trick nevertheless. As Penn remarks in Fool Us - the trick is safe. It wouldn't have been allowed on Fool Us if it wasn't, and Allen himself says on the show "there are videos online of people doing this type of effect and getting it wrong and badly injuring themselves. And because of that I have to say a couple of things. First of all check out the videos because some of them are quite funny, but also please do not try this at home." I don't imagine though that he would be amused that this asshole has set up his trick wrong and injured somebody else because of it. But I do actually agree with Allen - those other videos on Youtube (and I've seen a few of them before) are very funny. This one isn't because the magician injures somebody else, but when the magician injures himself it is certainly a good laugh.

So if it's a safe trick, why did it go horribly wrong for this Polish asshole? Well I'm not going to say/speculate on how Allen's effect is achieved, but this particular magician has decided to set it up differently. I do have a theory has to why he didn't want to set it up as intended, but to take a safe trick and make it unsafe means he's a complete moron who showed a derelict attitude to his duty of care for the safety of others. The guys on America's Got Talent have made their own props with a fatter spike/nail. But you will notice that Połoniewicz uses exactly the same props as Allen - because it's the props that come with the effect "Pain Game". Long narrow spike that gets inserted into a palm-sized piece of wood from the bottom, and then placed in a small paper bag. The bags might be different, they look different, but that could just be because those are bags that Połoniewicz bought locally, the nail and wood block are identical however.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Magic trick goes wrong: Hand impaled!
I have just tweaked the OP. Two of the videos above are now hosted, not on youtube, but on blog.aractus.com believe it or not!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Please check it out. I have not self-hosted the America's Got Talent video because it is hosted by the official account for the IP owner.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Magic trick goes wrong: Hand impaled!
How it should have ended! Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegjjzNx9ew

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any writers here (or readers, especially of Fantasy or Magic Realism)? Jillybean 27 848 March 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The Wrong Road Taken Goosebump 0 213 February 12, 2024 at 2:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  RuPaul's Drag Race goes Down Under Foxaèr 12 1364 May 4, 2021 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Wrong load? WinterHold 6 885 April 19, 2018 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Songs in the wrong key Alex K 11 2026 March 17, 2016 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase Edwardo Piet 0 854 October 3, 2015 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Anyone else seen Woodie Allen's movie "Magic In The Moonlight"? Whateverist 12 2718 August 9, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  WTF is wrong with this song?! Kayenneh 13 3701 August 21, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Salty Amy
  Ok Go goes Rube Goldberg. leo-rcc 8 2061 June 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc