Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROTEST AT CHURCH
PROTEST AT CHURCH
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../100809859

WARSAW, Ohio (AP) — The owner of an Ohio strip club and some of his dancers have been protesting at a church that has done the same to them for four years.

Women in bikinis sat in camp chairs Sunday outside the New Beginnings Ministries church in Warsaw, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus.

Tommy George owns the Foxhole strip club in nearby Newcastle. He says he and his employees decided to start coming to the church because they were fed up.

George says the church's pastor, Bill Dunfee, and his congregation have bothered the club's weekend patrons. He says they come armed with bullhorns, signs and video cameras for posting customers' license plate numbers online.

Dunfee calls George a "parasite" and says seeing the protesters outside the church has strengthened the resolve of his flock.

"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
RE: PROTEST AT CHURCH
This is awesome.

/thread
Id consider going to church if there were more strippers there. I would even put a dollar or two in the "offering plate".

Just sayin'.
(August 9, 2010 at 5:02 pm)LEDO Wrote: George says the church's pastor, Bill Dunfee, and his congregation have bothered the club's weekend patrons. He says they come armed with bullhorns, signs and video cameras for posting customers' license plate numbers online.

What is this "church" trying to prove by doing this? What right do they have to stick their noses into other people's business? Don't they realise that by bothering people they lose respect and credibility? It certainly doesn't help their cause of attracting more deluded followers to their rituals which they certainly must be losing with this type of behaviour. How stupid can they get?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
(August 9, 2010 at 5:02 pm)LEDO Wrote: Dunfee calls George a "parasite" and says seeing the protesters outside the church has strengthened the resolve of his flock.

Translation - it's my right to bother someone else, but it is fully unfair that they can do it to me. I think I'll call them something that makes them less human. Hmm, cockroach? Undesirable? Atheist? Ah, here's the word, parasite.

Never mind that George and his workers are actually contributing to society, instead of sucking off the financial life blood of both citizen and state.

Pun. Intended.
Only in Ohio... sigh.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Fantastic, brilliant idea! I wonder if fur stores could protest PETA meetings....
My religion is the understanding of my world. My god is the energy that underlies it all. My worship is my constant endeavor to unravel the mysteries of my religion. Thinking
(August 9, 2010 at 7:53 pm)ABierman1986 Wrote: Fantastic, brilliant idea! I wonder if fur stores could protest PETA meetings....

I will gladly eat a carefully prepared raw slab of beef dripping with blood in front of a PETA meeting. Provided that I have backup.
Quote:What is this "church" trying to prove by doing this?

That they are sanctimonious fucks. They have succeeded.
(August 10, 2010 at 2:16 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:What is this "church" trying to prove by doing this?

That they are sanctimonious fucks. They have succeeded.

Here,we used to call such dropkicks 'wowsers' which in my family also meant Methodists.I think that was the result to my father never fully recovering from a dry wedding reception in a Methodist hall.

Today Methodists here have been merged with a few other flavours of protestant to form the Uniting Church. I understand they are still anti sex,as it has been known to lead to dancing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1822 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1546 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Protest Covid Concerns The Architect Of Fate 3 522 June 5, 2020 at 8:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 753 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Begium greeted Trump with protest Foxaèr 8 2552 May 25, 2017 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Nonviolent Protest and Resistance Privileged Mister Agenda 136 14292 February 21, 2017 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The end of free speech and free protest in the UK Gooders1002 3 1411 January 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Methinks the Republicans doth protest too much about voter fraud Ryantology 10 3138 November 10, 2013 at 4:51 am
Last Post: T.J.
  Spaniards protest, police brutality. (Graphic) JohnDG 9 3973 October 2, 2012 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  27th of May protest of GM research Ziploc Surprise 28 10579 May 9, 2012 at 8:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger