Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:37 pm

Poll: How do you feel about the town where you live?
This poll is closed.
This is one of the best places there is to live and there is no place I'd rather be.
9.09%
3 9.09%
There are many places I could enjoy living and this is definitely one of them.
27.27%
9 27.27%
This is a pretty good place to live but I can think of ones I'd rather be.
27.27%
9 27.27%
Doesn't really much matter to me where I live.
9.09%
3 9.09%
This isn't a very good place to live and I hope to relocate some day.
24.24%
8 24.24%
There are many places which have a claim to being the armpit of the nation and this one is right up there.
3.03%
1 3.03%
This is it, absolutely the worst place on earth to live. Abandon all hope, all who join me here.
0%
0 0%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do you love the town you live in?
How much do you love the town you live in?
I was just reading how Poca and Summer love the place they live.  I suspect they'd extend that to the country or state they live in as well.  I feel similarly.  There really isn't any where I'd rather live.  I like living across the bay from San Francisco.  It is beautiful to see at sunset as well fun to visit, easy to by hopping on BART.  I've got to admit though that I have criticisms of my town Berkeley, and it sure isn't a reassuring place to live in retirement.  (You'd be surprised how generous the young, idealistic, transient population of students at a major university can be in what they're willing to fund with parcel taxes.)

So what about you?  Are you happy, even in love with where you live?  Are you there on purpose or by necessity or just by default?  Is there somewhere in particular you'd rather be or is where you live not even that important to you?

Please tell us what town/country you're in if that is something you're comfortable doing online.  Elaborate on what you like or dislike about it if you like.  The choices, from + to - are:

• This is one of the best places there is to live and there is no place I'd rather be.
• There are many places I could enjoy living and this is definitely one of them.
• This is a pretty good place to live but I can think of ones I'd rather be.
• Doesn't really much matter to me where I live.
• This isn't a very good place to live and I hope to relocate some day.
• There are many places which have a claim to being the armpit of the nation and this one is right up there.
• This is it, absolutely the worst place on earth to live.  Abandon all hope, all who join me here.
RE: How much do you love the town you live in?
I enjoy where I live. Get the best of both city and country, all within 20 minutes. My feelings may be colored by the fact that I grew up in the plains and I find it comfortable. Through work I've traveled to at least 38 of the states, seeing mainly cities. Know that I don't like the north east and central south for various reasons. South east and all of the west coast are OK to visit but I doubt I could live there. I could move to the MTZ and be happy, would have to be in the southern half.

I've limited my thoughts to the states. As for the rest of the world, visit only, if at all. No offense.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"This isn't a very good place to live and I hope to relocate some day."

Birmingham, UK (and I feel this way about The UK in general outside London). Birmingham is not a fast-paced city where you can get around quickly, nor does it have any historical character or heritage... apart from some run-down warehouses. Lovely.

I get a lot of shit for saying this but since it's the thread I'll be blunt; I find British culture very bland and tasteless. I consistently feel that way, from the big shit like obnoxious "chav culture" and our general lack of social skills, to the trivial stuff like the lack of fashion sense and shit food. And the weather is shit. I hate the cold, I hate rain, and when the sun finally does come out for the 6 weeks a year it makes an appearance, it's that gross sticky humid heat.

That's how I feel.

Also wherever I eventually land, I'll never live in the suburbs again if I can avoid it. The suburbs are the worst of both worlds in my opinion, far from the vibrance and life of the city, but still in a built-up concrete jungle where the outdoorsy activities and atmosphere of the country aren't there.

Rant done.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Doesn't really matter to me.

I'm in Surprise, AZ.  Basically a migrant camp which exploded in population as a result of the housing boom in the late 90's and is now just one more in a ring of identical looking suburbs surrounding Phoenix.  Most of the year the weather is marvelous - and to be honest even the heat doesn't bother me anymore - and the cost of living is much less than NY.
Things I don't tend to like about the towns I'm near are due to them being so far from Chicago . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Lisbon, Portugal, Europe, Earth.
I like them all! Wink

Why Lisbon? Duh, I was born here!
It's a mess of old and new architecture, city planning and people.
Road maintenance is... Hmm...sketchy... But, once in a while it feels like they give the city a face lift.
The people...are great! Usually helpful, even if they don't know what they're talking about.
The weather is awesome...most of the year. It rains for a while between February and May, then it's mostly dry and sunny.
The food...oh my... the food... You guys have to come here and try some of it!
Everything is within reach... I have a park with lots of trees and peace and quiet, shopping center, bus, health center and football stadium all within walking distance of my abode.

Some things are relatively cheap and internet service providers are always trying to give us the best (bahahaha no) service possible. Actually, they just implement faster access, but like everywhere else, the reliability of that access can be faulty (I don't complain, though)
Politicians... Oh... What can be said? They're the same as everywhere else,I guess...vultures.
I'm where I'm at because it's where my children are at. Personally, I want to be in Daytona, FL. I have friends there. I've been there and I feel a peace there. Plus... if they have a reciprocity agreement with PA, I can eventually transfer my cosmetologists license to FL and get a job down there.
Yes it's hot there. Yes they have hurricanes there. But they also have the beach, not cold weather, dolphins and you can drive on the sand. And I like it there. So, whenever possible, I'll probably relocate there one of these days.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It's a nice area but there isn't really much to do and the UK weather sucks, especially here in Scotland. I wouldn't say I love my area but it could definitely be a lot worse.
I grew up in a town for about twenty years, until my family moved to a new town. I still consider that my town, over a decade later. hell, I still consider our old house my home, despite the fact that other people moved in and renovated. I have since moved into a house of my own, and have goten used to this new town, but your home is where your heart is. And my heart lives in Hurtsboro Alabama.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Part of me would like to move abroad in the future. Canada seems quite nice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1701 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2411 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1483 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1117 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 6104 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2925 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 6014 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Would you want to live here? Foxaèr 22 4071 April 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: c172
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5952 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 488 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13