Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.
Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.
These fucking assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the Middle East, and despite our history of moving away from religious laws over our history, these current GOP have had 40 years of being hijacked by the Christian right and their RNC platform is to literally do what Islamic countries do and use government to directly indoctrinate kids through public schools.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/educ...c-schools/
RE: Why Trump/GOP are dangerous.
That's cuz they think fucking jesus is real, though.  Religious stupidity is always based on:

[Image: religion-religion-christianity-mormon-de...419350.jpg]
Quote:“This is not designed to teach religion in the schools as a means of proselytizing,”
“You can’t really fully understand the American form of government and society without some understanding of the Bible.”
Yeah... sure. Rolleyes
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Quote:“You can’t really fully understand the American form of government and society without some understanding of the Bible.”

Quite possibly the stupidest statement ever uttered since one has fuckall to do with the other.
Holy fucking shit, if the bible were a requirement then why did they write the First Amendment the way they did and why did they put "no religious test" in the oath of office?
The parallels between Trump's political scapegoating and WW2 Germany can and should be made. Hitler sold Christian Nationalism and white purity. Jews were not his only target. And some 100,000 gays and lesbians were targeted for arrest and shuffled off to labor camps along with their other targets, or worse.

https://www.ushmm.org/learn/students/lea...agraph-175
Quote:“You can’t really fully understand the American form of government and society without some understanding of the Bible.”

I'd rephrase that as 'When you lack an understanding of the Bible, you can more easily understand and appreciate the American form of government.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If it was done academically, it would be a good thing. The average Christian has no idea about the barbarism, absurdities and contradictions in the Bible. It could help accelerate the rate at which young people are abandoning religion.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
That is not what they have in mind.  They say "teach."  They mean "preach."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is Trump a Free Man? AFTT47 16 1154 September 8, 2022 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The PR Wing Of The GOP BrianSoddingBoru4 175 13267 June 18, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 821 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 711 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Now the GOP trots out dirt on Hunter Biden onlinebiker 89 5619 October 21, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  FB bans 'dangerous' individuals Foxaèr 155 9453 May 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Low Can the GOP/POTUS go? OP/ED Brian37 15 958 March 29, 2019 at 5:10 pm
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1346 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  All migrants are violent according to GOP.... Brian37 0 269 August 23, 2018 at 6:04 am
  SCOTUS Nom made dangerous suggestion. Brian37 33 3778 July 11, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie